Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I posted this a couple of days ago and still unable to find the problem. This only happens about once a day. Here is how it happens! I will be sitting at a traffic light and the idle is normal. Once I start off the car will bog down and the it will take off again and will go about 50 yards and will do it again. Then afterwards it does not do it again for a while. It feels like the gas is being cut off from the motor. The wierd thing is once this happens the headlights needed light comes on. I have no loss of power and I have replaced the MAF, Fuel Filter, Air Filter. I have a code that is telling me running lean in bank 1. Could it be a bad injector?
I have called ALL of the shops around here and they all have a 2-3 week waiting list. Someone please help me fix this thing. If someone around here has a tuner I will pay the $100 to add my VIN so we can see what is going on.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
AutoZone - free code checks --- A/F issue?

• Engine light on?
  • Fuel pump new?
  • Checked all plugs? (misfiring?)
  • TB/MAF/sensors/
  • Tuned?
  • Battery voltage - 12-14?
  • Fuse check? multimeter (AutoZone)

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes to all!
I checked all Fuses-OK
I checked all spark plug wires-OK
Fuel Pump??????How do I check?
Maf is new
Code only shows MAF from Autozone!
Battery voltage is 14
Tuned from 21st century muscle cars(Lingenfelter)

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts
You better get it running by Sunday!

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
Headlights needed? Do you have the selector switch in the OFF or AUTO position?

It almost sounds to me like either a short or damaged wire in the PCM harness. Either that, a problem with some setting in your tune or a sticking throttle body.

·
Registered
2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer
4,860 Posts
What's the diagnostic trouble code number(s)? With that one can step through the troubleshooting steps in the service manual.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts