Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
While I like the interior, I don't love it and the gauges do look cheap. If they came correct with an interior that stunned, even if it were cheaply made, would work wonders...

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V 6MT, 2017 AMG GLC43
310 Posts
A reconfigurable dashboard like the new CTS-V would have made sense as an option in this car -- at least the complaints about the cheap gauges would disappear. As far as CUE goes, you do get used to it, but the learning curve on those sliders is painful and, quite honestly, a couple of knobs would still be better.

On the other hand, I'm impressed by how this car hauls ass. It's greater than or equal to the V2 in every performance category.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bet those responsible for the interior get stung by these kinds of reviews, and these kinds of criticisms aren't new for GM. Maybe this will be their focus in upcoming vehicles in the near future.

I've used CUE only once and only briefly at that. I'm not a fan. Gimme knobs, buttons, and switches for cryin' out loud. And don't make me toggle through a bunch of stuff to see a given display. I wanna see ALL displays ALL the time. Give me a screen with everything in a grid or clearly laid out ... water temp, oil temp, oil pressure, oil % to change, trans oil temp, charging volts, avg MPG, instant MPG, range, fuel gauge, outside temp, direction of travel, and on and on. It's all being monitored all the time, why not show it even if it's crowded ... like an airplane or passenger jet ... roughly like this:

It doesn't have to look like this though:

·
Registered
ATS 2.0T
72 Posts
I’ve dated women based solely on the strength of their character/personality, not on their looks.
(Engineering wins over Design)

I’ve also dated women base solely on their looks, not their (sometimes) lacking personalities.
(Design wins over Engineering)

I think it all depends on what you’re looking for at that moment, and what things you are willing to overlook.
True, it would be great if both Engineering and Design came together in one stunning package, but those cases are rare… and usually too expensive for me.
(uh… )

·
Registered
'16 CTS V-Sport Black/'16 CTS Luxury w/V-Sport Pkg White
5,784 Posts
I’ve dated women based solely on the strength of their character/personality, not on their looks.

I’ve also dated women base solely on their looks, not their (sometimes) lacking personalities.

I think it all depends on what you’re looking for at that moment, and what things you are willing to overlook.
True, it would be great if both Engineering and Design came together in one stunning package, but those cases are rare… and usually too expensive for me.
(uh… )
Ahh the eternal problem facing young eligible bachelors.....

who do you bring home to meet the family?

the unattractive one you get along with

the attractive one you can't relate to (either too boring, or not very smart)

or do you work too hard to afford the attractive, smart, interesting one, but have no time to spend time with or bring home to meet the family
:confused::hmm:

·
Registered
CTS-V (Black 2014), CTS-V (Red obsession 2014)
776 Posts

(uh… )
I just want to go fast, stop fast, and turn fast. The dash could be made of duct tape and rhinestones for all I care. I just want to win the race...

·
Registered
'16 CTS V-Sport Black/'16 CTS Luxury w/V-Sport Pkg White
5,784 Posts

(uh… )
I just want to go fast, stop fast, and turn fast. The dash could be made of duct tape and rhinestones for all I care. I just want to win the race...
Sounds premature:stirpot:

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V 6MT; 2013 ATS 2.0T RWD
288 Posts
nsaness said:
Then you are in the wrong forum. Plus, you could do that for cheaper.

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V
922 Posts
The more I think about it the more I'm confused and disappointed on why such bland gauge cluster of the ATS-V compared to even the GM trucks on such an expensive Caddy. I know being picky considering the amazing ride we're waiting patiently for but...I was noticing the other day on my '10 Silverado and '09 Z06 at least there are bezels surrounding/separating the different gauges. Would it have been that difficult and costly to at least dress them up a bit rather than the bland gauge layout.

Just venting...:mad2:

·
Registered
'02 ETC CE, '04 CTS-V, '04 XLR, '13 XTS Platinum
2,650 Posts
As far as CUE being ungainly to use the SEEK and Volume functions, apparently the tester neglected to look between his hands, where both commonly selected functions are readily available on the steering wheel. I wouldn't use CUE for these functions either as a first choice; steering wheel-accessed functions are much more convenient.

CUE isn't perfect and could definitely be improved, but the majority of the testers don't take the time or effort to learn how the whole system operates, including the powerful natural voice recognition function, which accesses a lot of the system functions that would otherwise take the driver's eyes off the road momentarily.

CCC

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I finally had a chance to drive a 2.0T ATS yesterday and today. It was a loaner for my wife's SRX which I had leave at the dealer overnight.

Yes, I tried the rear seat, and it was indeed a little tight, but I really liked how it handled. Wonder how the CTS drives in comparison; it has a bit more rear seat room which I'd prefer.

Couldn't really use CUE very well while driving and didn't take the time to figure it out when not. For God's sake, give me buttons and knobs so I don't have to crash looking for something.

Can't imagine how great a V8 with FI would be in an ATS ... with a 7-spd manual. I'll take mine in white with a sunroof. :drool:

·
Registered
776 Posts
The more I think about it the more I'm confused and disappointed on why such bland gauge cluster of the ATS-V compared to even the GM trucks on such an expensive Caddy. I know being picky considering the amazing ride we're waiting patiently for but...I was noticing the other day on my 2009 Silverado and Z06 at least there are bezels surrounding/separating the different gauges. Would it have been that more difficult and costly to at least dress them up a bit rather than the bland gauge layout.

Just venting...:mad2:

Yes; picky... If the car runs a high 11 second 1/4 mile, I don't give a crap if there is a "bezel"
Have you ever seen a "race car" dash? Let's keep our priorities straight.

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V
922 Posts
Yes; picky... If the car runs a high 11 second 1/4 mile, I don't give a crap if there is a "bezel"
Have you ever seen a "race car" dash? Let's keep our priorities straight.
The way I look at it...more time will be spent enjoying some spirited driving, on local roads and long road trips across this great nation, than just my local drag strip a quarter mile at a time. I'd like to truly enjoy and admire what I'll be looking at for hours on end or a short sprint to the local grocery store. And a damn "bezel" separating the gauges (albeit a "cheap" fix) along with a small V moniker would help in the aesthetics dept IMO! :)

Hell even the 2014 XTS Caddy and its multifunctional cluster would have been a better fit and match the performance/direction of the new ATS-V. I'm sure the aftermarket community will be addressing this issue if the demand is there.

·
Registered
776 Posts
The way I look at it...more time will be spent enjoying some spirited driving, on local roads and long road trips across this great nation, than just my local drag strip a quarter mile at a time. I'd like to truly enjoy and admire what I'll be looking at for hours on end or a short sprint to the local grocery store. And a damn "bezel" separating the gauges (albeit a "cheap" fix) along with a small V moniker would help in the aesthetics dept IMO! :)

Hell even the 2014 XTS Caddy and its multifunctional cluster would have been a better fit and match the performance/direction of the new ATS-V. I'm sure the aftermarket community will be addressing this issue if the demand is there.

I agree. I'm really not at the dragstrip that much either, I just know that during my "spirited" driving, my eyes are on the road, not my pretty dash.
You guys are right, I would love a premium interior. However, it is not something that would keep me out of the car, and especially not something I will dwell on. Truth be told, I'm not that impressed by the MB or BMW dashes/either. Interiors are very personal, and what one person loves, another will hate.
A heads up display with a tachometer, will help me more that beautifying the dash.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V 6MT, 2017 AMG GLC43
310 Posts
C&D comparison: M3, C63S, ATS-V

Not surprising after the last review that the ATS-V finished third. They acknowledged it was the best driver but continued to rip the interior, CUE and other execution elements.

But interesting that the V was considerably faster than both others at higher speeds. Same instrumented numbers as the road test.

It's in the magazine, not sure it's online yet.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts