Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
09 Silver V 06 Silver Z06
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
if i park my car outside overnight it never seems to want to start up like it is not getting fuel or something, but if i park it in my garage it will always fire up 1st crank

sometimes to get it to run i will have to crank numerous times before it attempts to start and will sputter around then die.
eventually i get it started then the car is fine the rest of the day til the next morning.

i already changed fuel filters, and put gas treatment in the tank but it still does it.

any ideas???

full tank of gas as well

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also tried the throttle reset procedure and that didnt do the trick either

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
maybe a slight decline where the front of car is down but nothing major maybe a 1-2 degree slope

also overnights are like 60-75 degrees

and i have a new interstate 900cca battert so that isnt the issue.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
now that i think about it , it has done it to me in the garage before as well but not as often.

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
This one is easy.

Clearly, you have one of the very rare and sometimes sought after female V's. Truth be told - there aren't any females, of any make, model, or breed, that like to start in the morning.

You can paypal the $.05

WW

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,987 Posts
This one is easy.

Clearly, you have one of the very rare and sometimes sought after female V's. Truth be told - there aren't any females, of any make, model, or breed, that like to start in the morning.

You can paypal the $.05

WW
:histeric::histeric::histeric:

Of course!!! Bill's right!!! That's exactly what's going on!!!

T

·
0 Posts
Maybe that is what is wrong with mine! See my post Help#2
Once it's done cutting off/on it's fine

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
what would make the car not start in such humid conditions??? i just left an overnight project i was working on, the car is full of morning dew and get in an try to start the car and it sputters around etc... or will crank forever but will not start

finally after about 40 tries it finally starts and then if i do get it to run or move it will sputter and die, until eventually something happens that makes the motor think it is ok to give fuel or correct the condition somehow

Would a new MAF help?? i never did replace that??

·
Registered
2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer
4,860 Posts
until eventually something happens that makes the motor think it is ok to give fuel or correct the condition somehow
Does that point where it starts running better happen at 131 degrees engine coolant temp?

Thinking you may need to tweak the cold-mode air:fuel ratio a bit; just like a choke in the good old days.

·
Registered
17 xt5 & Blk 05 cts-v
2,470 Posts
I Wonder If It Has Something To Do With The Signal From The Key To The Computer Not Working Right. Mine Did The Same Thing When I Had Them Give Me A New Key. Sorry About Caps Im Not Yelling Just Lazy Right Now Lol

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Does that point where it starts running better happen at 131 degrees engine coolant temp?

Thinking you may need to tweak the cold-mode air:fuel ratio a bit; just like a choke in the good old days.

i will check that next time for sure

olda, i am not sure if that is it due to once it get started for the day it never has issues the rest of the day until the morning or condensation/humidy can get it for 7 hours or so later

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
just checked the other morning and that is not the issue,

it seems like it is back firing into the intake when trying to start, you can hear backfiring etc.. like it is flooded with fuel or something when trying to crank it up as it smells really rich. ??????????

1 - 20 of 20 Posts