Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok everybody list your favorite car chases. Got the DVD Ronin starring Robert DeNiro for Christmas. If you haven't seen it, go out and rent it. It's got some wild car chases in it.

·
Registered
Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS
6,654 Posts
The freeway scene in Matrix:Reloaded.

The CTS chase scene in Bad Boys 2 where they're running over all the cadavers.
Favorite quote after they commandeer(sp?) the car from Dan Marino and a salesman:
"Dan Marino should definitely buy this car. Well not this one, cause I'm gonna fu*k this one up. But he should get one just like it."

Okay, so I may be a little biased towards those two. Great looking chases though... :D

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
Seriously:

-The famous chase at the end of Bullitt with Steve McQueen and his mustang. Still impressive even today.

-The BMW films episode "Race the Devil." Actually, just about every one of the BMW films are extraordinary, but this one is one of my 2 favorites(the other being "Star"). James Brown. Gary Oldman. Marilyn Manson.
www.bmwfilms.com

·
Registered
989 Posts
gothicaleigh said:
Seriously:

-The famous chase at the end of Bullit with Steve McQueen and his mustang. Still impressive even today.

-The BMW films episode "Race the Devil." Actually, just about every one of the BMW films are extraordinary, but this one is one of my 2 favorites(the other being "Star"). James Brown. Gary Oldman. Marilyn Manson.
www.bmwfilms.com
I'll have to agree with you a hundred percent on those. Bullitt rocked, and race the devil.

Gone in 60 seconds was good too with the gt500. ahhhhhh. **drool**

It wasn't much of a chase scene but i still liked it in "lost highway" where he takes off in the 1400hp mercedes blasting "driver down" by nin with a bunch of cops behind him, but can't really keep up cause he's hauling ass.

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
"Bullitt", I ordered the movie just for that chase, put together the steel die cast models of the 1968 Mustang and 1968 Charger, they sit on my tv. I almost bought the 2001 special Mustang "Bullitt" Ford made a few years ago!

"The French Connection" chase with Gene Hackman was incredible, and I think a little longer than the Bullitt chase. That poor Pontiac just kept on runnin' despite all the abuse it went through!

"Gone in Sixty Seconds", no not the newer one with Nicolas Cage (although it was good) but the original 1974 movie because Eleanor was a 45 minute car chase that no one will ever forget.

"The Road Warrior" right at the beginning of the movie!

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
The Matrix Reloaded....

....MI2.... I have a thing for Grand Am's, and the chase scene with the '99 SE was really cool.....

..... I'll have to rent Bad Boys 2 and Bulitt some time (today?)

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Surprises me no one mentioned the wild cop chase in The Seven Ups. If you see it, take a look at the guy being chased. It's the same guy driving that was being chased in Bullitt.

·
Registered
253 Posts
It's not exactly a "car chase"... but then again maybe it is - "Duel". It came out in 71' and was Spielbergs first feature length film. This guy is driving across the desert to get to a business meeting (or something like that) when he cuts off a guy in a tractor trailer. The guy in the big rig gives chase and tries to run the guy down and/or kill the guy until the finale. You never see the trucker's face. Basically the entire movie is just one long (but thoroughly suspenseful) chase scene. Many people say that this movie gave birth to the big suspense movie phenomenon of the 70s (Jaws, Airport, etc...) I know what you're thinking: "A diesel Peterbilt would be no match for my caddy. I'd just leave him safely behind me in the arizona sun." :yup: ...and that's where you'd be right, BUT this guy drives a plymouth valiant. Stop laughing. Seriously, it's a damn good rent if you can find it. :halo: It stars Dennis Weaver (not that is any kind of selling point, but it might make it easier to find). By the way, I didn't capitalize plymouth valiant because I didn't feel they deserved it. :tongue2:

·
Registered
1996 Fleetwood
2,536 Posts
Undercover Brother was a good one. Nice to see that big Caddy's ass swinging around. :)
Gone in 60 Seconds, I dunno.. It bothered me since the BMW those two cops were in was a 540i. Powered by a 282 horse 4.2 V8, it'd keep with that Mustang...
Get Carter He was running in a STS from a V12 Jag! What more do you need?
The early scene in the Transporter, nice attitude to him, and I like the BMW 7 series he was driving.
Days of Thunder. That rental car scene is hilarious.
It's not a chase scene, but the black van in Old School. Driving around picking up the pledges... That brought back memories.

·
Registered
989 Posts
ShadowLvr400 said:
Gone in 60 Seconds, I dunno.. It bothered me since the BMW those two cops were in was a 540i. Powered by a 282 horse 4.2 V8, it'd keep with that Mustang...
They were keeping somewhat up with the gt500, but they kept getting things in their way like the truck that went through the wall and the bus and all those cars trying to go to the alley at the same time. stuff like that. but the beamer was keeping up while it could.

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
I kept hoping that the Eldorado in that would see some action, but all it got were a couple of cameos...

That and they bled all over the Escalade...

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
ShadowLvr400 said:
Undercover Brother was a good one. Nice to see that big Caddy's ass swinging around. :)
Get Carter He was running in a STS from a V12 Jag! What more do you need?
The early scene in the Transporter, nice attitude to him, and I like the BMW 7 series he was driving.
Days of Thunder. That rental car scene is hilarious.
It's not a chase scene, but the black van in Old School. Driving around picking up the pledges... That brought back memories.
Are you serious? A 428 Cobra Jet with nitrous is most likely running a hell of a lot more horsepower than the 282 horse BMW! No way even a 7 series V12 could keep up IMO.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Ronin (number 1 chase scenes in my opinion).
The Matrix Reloaded (so much happens in a short amount of time)
The Rock (with the Hummer H1)
...just to name a few.

I'm hoping to see Bad Boys II soon... but only for the CTS. I think the actors suck.

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
That's the only reason I rented it too. :)
The CTS also gets a cameo in the Italian Job.

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,607 Posts
"BUT this guy drives a plymouth valiant"

i remeber this flick , it was on the tube about 5 months ago , i couldnt stop watching the thing , kept thinking , surely he will trade that thing off on something with balls when this is over

1 - 20 of 63 Posts