Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this has been a subject plenty of times before. But I'm curious as to what people are running in their car audio setups.

My system has evolved about 5x since I bought this car 3 years ago. And now, amidst this Coronavirus pandemic, I've found myself going nuts with the DIY stuff as I'm sure many of you have as well. Im not gonna get into all the build levels. Just whats in the now. I will say that i've really outdone myself this time:

So I maintained the factory bose nav H.U. mostly because I don't wanna broadcast what I have to the kid walking by my parked car. And the whole build keeps that idea... until I turn it on lol. So factory H.U. wired back to the factory Bose amp. Now here's where it gets fun. Tapped into the factory wiring with the Audiocontrol LCQ-1 which is an active 3way L.O.C. with built-in EQ. This thing is incredible. You gotta look it up because my description of its capabilities won't do it any justice. Then the front and rear channels go to Infinity Kappa K4 120wattx4 amp (120 watts each because its @2ohms). Ran all new 12awg to the Kappa 6.5 components in the doors and pillars, and Kappa 5.25 components in the rear doors (rear tweeter install still pending my decision whether or not to use them, any advice?). Running the new wiring into the doors was a PITA BTW. OK, back to the LCQ-1. The Sub channel goes to Audiocontrol Matrix Plus (3way Line Driver). Matrix hops up the single channel signal to 2 Alpine MRX-M100 1000watt amps which power my 2 Sundown SA-12d4 subs in a custom ported enclosure. I chose d4 because I'm running them each on their own amps. ACR-2 remote wired to and hidden in my would-be ashtray/change compartment. And of course a PAC BT-VETTE module to give me bluetooth connection. I'm running all high marine grade OFC copper for my wires. I've got one hell of a distribution block in the back. Its called the Audison Connection. Look it up, its like a thing of beauty. And the ARC52 relay unit to amp up and control my remote signals. Because you can only split a remote signal like 3 times before its stops turning your amps and dsps on.

I literally went to a salvage yard and found a set of split folding rear seats in another CTS. Mine didn't fold. Now they do LOL. Can you guess where all my stuff is mounted now? So when its closed and the radio is low with the bass off it looks like a stock Bose CTS. Then the back seats drop, and so does the beat! It's loud, crisp, clear, and at times SPL violent!

The tweeking process is still happening. Electrical wise everything is on the money. Ive got a DMM, 2 O-Scopes, a handheld RTA, and a program on my tablet with a calibrated mic. So I'm really doing it all over here.

Also installed some purple led strips in the trap between the back of the box and the rear seats that I can control by my phone. Makes for a nice show at night. Clean install. Tons of both Dynamat and Second Skin. I would be lying if I said it couldn't benefit from a few more layers of sound dampener because those Sundowns are intense. I can only imagine what some Sundown X-12s would do to my car. Probably fall apart if I'm being honest lol. I'm currently trying to sweep through the car and secure some rattles. And I really need to get that headliner down and do something to stiffen up that roof before my sunroof comes down on my head.

So what is everyone else running? I look forward to hearing from some of the other audiofiles and bassheads. Did I go too far? Maybe not far enough by some standards? "SHOW ME WHAT YOU'VE GOT!" (Rick and Morty reference)

·
Registered
8 Posts
My stereo is being fully revamped as well! Pioneer nex head unit, hertz 604 4 channel , hertz dieci 6.5 components in front with tweeters in factory location , rear door has 5.25” hertz evl component woofers only, now my sub phase, well, I’m a bass head, I’m in the midst of building a big sub system,
My stock alt has been replaced by a 320a alt, my stock hart relocated to trunk and replace with a group 31 agm déka 100ah, I’m also going to be running a 240a battery isolator and a 64ah headway lithium cell , lanzar opti 6k amp,, 2-12” dB drive g5 subs in a large box taking up the whole trunk! Tuning will be low, 32-33 htz and 6cuft box!! Single 8” aero port and shooting for 150db daily driven, if the sub/box combo doesn’t work, I have 18” comp sub at my disposal and that will be another buidl

1 - 2 of 2 Posts