Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 Deville and I use the keyless remote to lock and unlock the car. But there are times when I go to unlock the car with the keyless remote it does not unlock. I have changed the battery in both factory keyless remotes. I have been to a caddy dealer and all they did was charge me for two new remotes and a $99 diagnostic fee, and the problem continues to happen. I have to use the key to gain access when the system will not unlock. In September 2002 I changed the factory deck out for an aftermarket deck. I realized that I lost my chimes and steering wheel radio controls, but could this be causing my alarm problems? Please could somebody help, this has gone on long enough.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
If you were not experiencing problems before you made the switch, it is possible it messed something up..... I dont think so, but its possible....... Have you tried reprogramming it.......

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
elwesso,
How do I go about trying to get it reprogramed? I also had the two keyless remotes replaced also.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Well, I know i posted this sometime previously..... Do a search..... The link that I used to program it doesnt work anymore.....

If you can find it here, try www.caddyinfo.com , and click on the howto section! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
jert