Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CTS 2.0T Premium
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another batch of issues to go along with this pristine vehicle I [sadly] own. It will never end lol.
I get in my car yesterday for the first time in a week, and my stereo/climate control lights, along with the screen itself, and steering wheel control lights won't turn on. Everything worked perfectly fine when the car was parked a week prior. The car wasn't touched since.
I disconnect the battery, and I gain full function of the controls again.
However, as with every other issue with this car, one doesn't go away without a new one arising.
Sitting in my house, the car alarm randomly starts going off. The car was never touched. I get the alarm to stop by unlocking the car.
The car is locked again, 10 minutes later, the alarm goes off AGAIN. I shut it off. 15 minutes later, goes off again. This time, I am unable to get it to shut off.

I seem to be able to prevent this by keeping the car unlocked.
Does anyone happen to know why the alarm will sound after ~10 minutes or so of the car being locked? This vehicle is the biggest joke I have ever witnessed. ENDLESS issues, and only has 50k miles.

·
Registered
2018 CTS 3.6L AWD Premium Luxury, Previous: 2009 STS 3.6L AWD, 2003 DTS 4.6L
386 Posts
Possibly a bad hood latch.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Was the car ever in an accident? If so, it sounds like it was not repaired properly, or, at the very least, that they didn't reset all the systems after the accident to have it "start from scratch".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts