Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2009 cadillac cts
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I recently replaced the door lock actuator in my passenger front door to fix the door not locking/unlocking. Put it all back together and the door was working flawlessly! Now a couple days have passed by and I can't open the door from inside or out. Any help with opening the door would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2009 Cadillac CTS4 3.6DI Black Raven
191 Posts
Hmm, I had the same issue with my rear door and replaced the actuator I couldn't open the door from inside or outside. Remove all the screws from the door panel, and prye the door from the top of the door panel, so there is some space(let someone pull the panel back). If you have a long and thick mechanic style (2ft) flat screw driver put it inside the door panel next to the connection be careful not to damage anything and prye it open from the middle until the door panel pops out of its place. Need enough room to squeeze your hand in reach the tie rod thats connected to the yellow pin on actuator Which most likely needs to be adjusted again. Then test it with the door panel off before you close the panel back.

·
Registered
2009 cadillac cts
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Should have checked back earlier! I did the exact same thing. Managed to not break the door panel in the process either. It looks like I didn't have enough pressure on the exterior door handle lock rod.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I temporarily clamped a pair of vice grips on the regulator to hold the window up on the rear driver's side door of my wife's 02 DeVille. The heat down here in Mississippi over the last 18 years has taken its toll on the plastics and the lock rod plastic broke while putting the panel on while I order a new regulator. Just went out to open the door and nothing. Can't open from inside or out.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
9,025 Posts
I temporarily clamped a pair of vice grips on the regulator to hold the window up on the rear driver's side door of my wife's 02 DeVille. The heat down here in Mississippi over the last 18 years has taken its toll on the plastics and the lock rod plastic broke while putting the panel on while I order a new regulator. Just went out to open the door and nothing. Can't open from inside or out.
Any suggestions?
You have posted in the Gen II CTS subforum.
This is the subforum you should direct your '02 deVille inquiries...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you for moving post to proper forum. It wasn't so much that I was posting into the incorrect forum than I was piggy backing on a previous post dealing with a similar issue, but I understand the reasoning

1 - 6 of 6 Posts