Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Cadillac CTS-V (White Diamond)
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I called up to try and get some numbers and Cadillac isn't leasing anything now? Sorry if this is old news, I didn't know..

can anyone confirm, or know if they are leasing?

I would like to lease one.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
US bank is the only one and with payments starting at $1250.00 a month on a lease you can just buy one.

·
Registered
Cadillac
145 Posts
It has been a major disappoint for me for sometime that GMAC or someone isn't doing a reasonable lease on the CST-V!!

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac CTS-V Light Platinum
237 Posts
It has been a major disappoint for me for sometime that GMAC or someone isn't doing a reasonable lease on the CST-V!!
If by "reasonable" you mean taking a risk on eating it on the back end? Sorry, those days are over. Especially on low volume, in demand vehicles. :helpless:

·
Registered
Cadillac
102 Posts
I've also been looking to lease, the guy I by my cadillac's from is a friend of mine and won't put me in a lease w/ US Bank he said and I don't remember the details but you the buyer get screwed at the end of the lease somehow and may have to come up w/ some money plus their leases are too expensive anyway for me.

·
Registered
Cadillac
145 Posts
If by "reasonable" you mean taking a risk on eating it on the back end? Sorry, those days are over. Especially on low volume, in demand vehicles. :helpless:
My credit score is approximate 800, I have been with my employer for 25 years and I have never defaulted or missed a single payment on anything.

If GM can garantee making payments if someone becomes unemployed it certainly seems like GMAC could develop a reasonable lease plan and at the same time limit their risk on default.

·
Registered
Cadillac 2009 CTS-V Radiant Silver
867 Posts
My credit score is approximate 800, I have been with my employer for 25 years and I have never defaulted or missed a single payment on anything.

If GM can garantee making payments if someone becomes unemployed it certainly seems like GMAC could develop a reasonable lease plan and at the same time limit their risk on default.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I am sure you knew this, but for the unwashed........

rumors are that GMAC is not owned by GM, for some time.....

BTW, work on that credit score....

GM cannot control leases and other stuff...

·
Registered
Cadillac
106 Posts
I'm only making this point because it simply hasn't come up yet: Leases are all about the residual value of the car at the lease end. MUCH less about if you will or will not default. The depreciation on most cars, especially higher end cars (and not to mention the GM financial difficulties and keeping some buyers away), is nothing less than brutal.
Neglecting the REAL residual is what killed the "awesome lease deals". If a leasing co has a car on its books for $25k, and it's only bringing 18k at dealerships or auctions, they just "lost" money on that deal, regardless of the profit off the payments (i.e. interest).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts