Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, i'm trying to get my '93 cadillac seville non northstar to adjust timing, but when i jumper the A and B pins on the ALDL (or w/e it is) connector, nothing is displayed on the screen, now i've done this before about a year ago, and it did display it so what's going on now?

What conditions have to be met besides the A + B jumper?

Please help, as i think when i originally set it to +14deg the engine doesn't seem to like it and it's hurting my mileage (engine seems to be weak between 1/8 and 1/2 throttle) so i'd like to set it back to 10 but can't w/o this stupid step.

PS: if i can't get this to work guess i could just do it by process of elimination, keep driving and trying cracking the distributor 1 deg at a time in either dir until i get it right hehe.

Thanks
Gene

·
Registered
238 Posts
engine needs to be warm. not sure about the display thing. i have a 92 deville and nothing is displayd but u can tell, the engine rpms seem to go down when in timming mode.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, not sure bout warm engine, but when i jumpered a and b before, it'd say "Timing Adjust Mode" on text line under the speedo/tach, but when i did it now nothing happened, also i can tell it didn't take was cuz the timing was jumping as the ecu was adjusting it, the timing adjust mode should set timing hard to whatever so i can set it.

guess i'll try again when engine is fully hot, thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts