Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Platinum CTS-V
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked on cadillacfaq and everywhere else but can't seem to find it. What is the widest tire that ill fit on the stock V rims? Anyone. THANKS.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Some use 275's in the rear, but IMO they are too wide for the stock rim. I am running 255 40 18's and love them. NO SQUIRM on the 8.5" stock rim. You will get a bit of squirm with anything wider than that. Some people like it, some people don't. Its all personal preference.

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
The recommended range of acceptable rim widths for any given tire/size can usually be found on the website of the tire manufacturer.

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
I have seen 275's on a couple cars and they look good, and no rubbing or interference. I dont think I would do it though. I prefer to stick with the stock size or something close. I might try 255 when it is time to get new tires.

·
Registered
Cadillac 2004 CTS-V
173 Posts
I have 275/40 rear and 255/40 front. Looks awesome if you want the widest tread in the back. I will say that the tire sits a bit over the edge of the rim a smidge. If you look up the required rim width you'll find that our rims are 1/2" too narrow to for 275's and my dealer even denied installing them on my stock rims. I went to an aftermarket tire shop and had no problemo's. Bottom line, if you like a big rear tire "Just Do It"!!! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
6,076 Posts
As far as what is 'too wide', a lot of it depends also on the tire.

GSD3 275/40's are pushing the limits. They definately bulged, and were squirmy (part of that had to do with the tread pattern).

The Falken RT615's I have on there now, seem to fit like a glove (275/35's).

You can even ask Jim. He saw them this weekend, and commented on how well they fit , with little to no bulge.

I have no idea why they seem to run so 'small', but they do. I wear the tread down to the triangle wear markers out back also.

-Chris

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
I have 275/40 rear and 255/40 front. Looks awesome if you want the widest tread in the back. I will say that the tire sits a bit over the edge of the rim a smidge. If you look up the required rim width you'll find that our rims are 1/2" too narrow to for 275's and my dealer even denied installing them on my stock rims. I went to an aftermarket tire shop and had no problemo's. Bottom line, if you like a big rear tire "Just Do It"!!! :thumbsup:
I saw them, and his do look awesome. 275 might be better for straight line performance, but I agree with others they are probably too wide if you are more interested in handling.

Even aftermarket shops may give you problems if you try to get tires that deviate from what is currently on the car. If that is the case, take the wheels off the car and take them to the shop. Most shops will do whatever you want if they dont physically put the tire on the car.

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
6,076 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts