Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
'87 Jeep, '10 Thruxton, '00 Duc 748, '01 748R (853cc)
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for the OEM mount on Rock auto, but I can only find the side mount. I found it on GM Part Direct for about $78 I think, but I wanted to see if Rock Auto had it cheaper. The RSM Aluminum mount has loosened itself up again, partly due to the huge difference in elevation between the road, and driveway I went into the other day. Not it's just gonna get worse again, and I need to either tighten it back up, or replace it. I'm thinking of just throwing an OEM mount back in there for now, until I can find out why this RSM mount keeps loosened up again. I threw a crap load of heavy duty thread lock on there the last time, but I guess I didn't get enough on the nut that secures it to the bracket. If anyone knows if Rock Auto carries the fornt mount for my car, please let me know, since I can't find it.

Oh, and does anyone have any idea how much they would charge for both Tightening the mounting bolts, or Installation of a prepurchased mount? I need to get this taken care of soon, since it will only get worse as time goes on, and I'm starting a new school down here in Orlando. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1999 White Diamond ETC
2,538 Posts
I would suggest calling them. They can probably get it, if it's not listed. Situation is that they may take longer to get it and send it to you. I ordered some stuff from them, and didn't notice one of the items was not in stock. I waited a couple of weeks for it. The rest of the order was in within a few days.

I lived in Lake Buena Vista at "Vista Way" on WDW property for a semester ... fun times.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts