Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
none
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else having traction issues with the colder temps. I can't even floor second gear even while I'm rolling. As soon as I hit about 3500 rpms the tires start to break loose. When it was warmer out I did not have this problem, just a slight chirp.
Last winter I picked the car up, and in stock form I don't remember this happening. Must be the mods.. :hmm:
This car is sick!:worship:
What the hell are you guys doing with maggies putting down 450+ RWHP? How the hell are you driving it? Part throttle untill 5th gear!:histeric:

·
Registered
former 2005 CTS-V owner
404 Posts
I feel your pain. I took the wife out for dinner last night. I just want to cry. Damn car. :histeric:

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
lasstss said:
Well, 1st is a waste, 2nd is a waste. 3rd is OK 4 th is good.:D
:yeah:

I think the drag-racers will tell you that colder weather is NOT good for traction as compared to warmer weather.

When I first fire the car up in the morning heading to the gym (average temp probably 45-55 degrees), my 255s can't hook up at all, but they get much better as the temperature increases

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
a couple of things could be happening. First the tire will warm up after a few minutes of driving and will hook up better then. Also, willsctsv, how many miles do you have on your car now. When I reached 5000 I noticed a lot more power hence more spinning so your V may just be loosening up and that could be one reason too.

·
Registered
none
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Joe, I got 14K on the V. It's a little better after the tires warm up and the pressure rises to 35psi, but still pretty bad. The power from the colder temps is great, just can't use it unless I'm on the highway doing over 60.
I even try to go easy but in this car it's so hard. I love this car!
I'm going to try and get a dyno run in this week. Same dyno of course. I'm curious how much of an increase I wll get over the dyno run in the summer.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I was showing off the new car to my bro-in-law the other day and got a little out of shape at the top of 2nd gear. It was easy to straighten her out but it definitely got my attention. In a week or two I'll probably garage it til spring. Won't be easy though.

·
Registered
No GET-RAG or GM products
637 Posts
I agree with Lasstss - First and second gears are a non-starter. No traction at all, even with traction control on. Third gear spins, but not too bad. My car has 5900 miles on it, and the stock tires have no traction in cold weather. It's like driving on Ice. Plus, my new Steath Wild Power tune has a much better throttle response.

GT

1 - 12 of 12 Posts