Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know 2 thing about that car

first i would like to add rpm and temp to the gauge but all the method on the internet i saw was not working with mine (mine the is07 is 000 and when adding 32 so 032 is07 it wont save it only save when at 000) any idea what to do (to save i have to push on front de-ice and front defrost)

second i have a trouble with my air conditioning heat system, there is no more heat getting out of the middle trap, a lil on the bottom and a lil from where the windshield and no front the back passenger. the water pump is new and has enough cooling. thanks to help me with that because no heat when its -30 outside lol..

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,781 Posts
:welcome:

You will never get heat from the dash vent, nor cooling from the floor. Heat comes from the floor and cooling from the dash vents and that is not changeable. The Deville did not get a mode switch until 2000 to allow for that.

Are you able to switch from defrost to floor and vice versa? If you switch to max temperature (90F) you should get heat from the floor. Once the cabin is warmed up, if you switch to min temperature (60F), the HVAC should switch to cooling and deliver air via the dash vents.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok yeah i tried to put it at like 15 celcius and alot of cold air was coming out from the dash vent. but when i put it at max. 32 celcius theres not alot of air coming out from anywhere is that normal? on the passenger side the air is warm but not that hot and driver the air is cold. the trap from the windshield at high and 32 is not pushing alot of air too when there is ice it takes forever to de-ice it. i think there is a component dead somewhere because i remember last winter it was giving me enough warm now it sucks! :S

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,781 Posts
Might try flushing the heater core. It may be clogged with sealant tab residue.

If you remove the T fitting under the hood, be sure to take not of which leg has the restrictor in it and replace it the same way or you WILL have heat problems.

As for the lack of air flow, that sounds like maybe a loose or cracked vacuum line.

One other thing to consider. Check the HVAC housing on the firewall. They tend to get brittle and crack. That results in air being blown out under the hood and low air flow in the cabin.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the ac issue, and anyone know about my other issue :
i would like to add rpm and temp to the gauge but all the method on the internet i saw was not working with mine (mine the is07 is 000 and when adding 32 so 032 is07 it wont save it only save when at 000) any idea what to do (to save i have to push on front de-ice and front defrost)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts