Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I broke down and bought those "unlimited car wash passes for $29.99 a month" for the Astro and the Regal. Is there any harm in washing them every day? I like to wash the Astro every day to keep it looking great for my clients, but it's not as necessary with the Regal, but I always like my cars as clean as possible.

The car wash is touch free as well, so it's probably less wear on the paint/clearcoat.

·
Registered
2000 Polo Green Metallic Cadillac STS 60K
787 Posts
Dont see how a touch less car wash could possibly hurt anything. Just make sure you do a good job with drying to avoid rust build up in the door jams and other places water can hide.

·
Registered
1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)
5,545 Posts
I would say yes. As mentioned, it leaves water sitting around all day constantly. I say wash the van as much as you want because it's not your car, but the Regal should only need to be done once a week, heck maybe every other week. The Brougham only gets washed when it is really dirty. I don't wash it just for the sake of washing it. Most of the time I just do touch ups with a microfiber cloth and some detailing spray to get rid of things like fingerprints and the occasional bird crap that always winds up on it like an hour before a car show.

·
Registered
'93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED
5,929 Posts
I ONLY hand wash, myself. No other way, for me. I do the wife's Jeep Cherokee every week and my Lincoln Town Car once a week. this IF weather permits. During the winter I take them to a hand wash/dry a mile from home, that is owned by a long time friend, and he does all the work.
I also wax them both 2 x a year. May & October.

Irt's kinda funny here, where I live. All the neighbors cut their own lawn and take the cars to the car wash.
I have a gardner cut the grass and do my own cars.

We both think the other is crazy.

·
Registered
2007 E92 BMW 335i
10,761 Posts
I wash my car once a week, that's about the time it takes for enough dust/bugs/etc to build up to the point where it's noticeable. I agree that washing the bangbus every day should be alright, especially if you drive it a lot daily and just want to keep it looking nice.

Remember though that a touchless wash won't get everything completely off, there will usually still be a fine layer of grime left that would only be cleaned with a proper hand washing.

·
Registered
1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)
5,545 Posts
For some reason they never take a dump on the car when the cover is on, but if I leave the cover off for more than an hour it is inevitable.

·
Registered
Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300
5,418 Posts
I usually wash the Brougham by hand, once a week when I know it won't rain for a couple of days. Sometimes I'll get lazy and let it go for a couple of weeks when the weather is really crappy and rainy(usually Dec-April)

If its not very dirty(the wire wheels/whitewalls still look good), I'll sometimes run it through a touchless car wash. That does a great job cleaning the paint/chrome, but really doesn't get the wheels or whitewalls. After running it through the touchless, I usually drive it up to 60-80mph, then pull over and dry the rest of the way by hand.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts