Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1994 Seville 4.9
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1994 4.9L Cadillac Seville and I want more power I was wondering if I could put a turbo on it or what I could do to make more power and also if I could do wider wheels

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,373 Posts
Welcome Aboard !!!

With enough money and a good engine shop you can do about anything. But the good ol' nuts and bolts 4.9 is not the engine to do it with.

Wheels - considering offset, bolt pattern, tread and section width - are a fit-and-try affair.

There's precious little aftermarket support for a 1994, so you're pretty much on your own.

·
1994 Seville 4.9
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So do you think it would be better to supper charge it or am I just better of doing a engine swap

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,373 Posts
No engine swaps possible and how/where would you install/drive a blower on a sidewinder engine ?

With a lot of money and time and tuning invested in a good shop you could probably turbo the 4.9 - but don't expect miracles - there's literally NO support for that engine. You have the wrong car for power and speed. Even a decent exhaust system is a handmade hassle.

Here's what's possible with the later (highly modified 1999) 4.6 Northstar and about $19,000 - one of our old CF members - the car was recently de-tuned and sold.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,658 Posts
I have a 1994 4.9L Cadillac Seville and I want more power I was wondering if I could put a turbo on it or what I could do to make more power and also if I could do wider wheels
=====================
with enough money - ANYTHING is POSSIBLE -
hell - put a 572 Crate motor in it and make it rear wheel drive -
I bet that wouldn't cost much more than $50K -

OK - realistically - NO -
no turbo - no blower - no "cheap" power or economy -

the car already has a CAI - Cold Air Intake -
that can deliver a LOT more air than the engine can inhale at WOT - Wide Open Throttle -

the ONLY mod that actually works - a little -
is to replace the original 1-hole fuel injectors with a matched-set of re-manufactured BOSCH 4-hole injectors -
you can get a set for around $100 on ebay -

the increase in power - throttle response - and economy is slight - VERY SLIGHT - VERY - VERY SLIGHT -

as for wider tires/wheels -
sure - a SLIGHTLY wider tire would fit -
but the new wheels MUST have the correct offset -

stock tire is 225/60/16 -

245/50/17 is the same overall diameter -
and almost 3/4 inch wider -

bigger than that - you're asking for problems -

generally speaking - there is absolutely NOTHING worth while -

keep it clean - keep it stock -
enjoy the car for what it IS -
and don't blaim it for what it ISN'T - and never can be -

·
1994 Seville 4.9
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks so much I appreciate everything I already love the car I just wanted to se what was out there I just picked the car up last year and it's in perfect condition with only 129 thousand miles on it its truly a part of the family thank you all

1 - 8 of 8 Posts