Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Escalade ESV, 2014 ATS, 2015 ATS, 2016 Escalade
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted a 4WD Plat, but the dealer ordered a 2WD, he tried to change it but it was at 3000 and he said that he can't change it until it goes to a different event code. Is that true and can I be changed after 3000 or is it too late?

·
Registered
2015 ESCALADE ESV 2015 CTS 2018 XT5. 2018 CT6
418 Posts
95%. The 2000 range of numbers is where you can change it. That really sucks he ordered it wrong. They should have provided you with an order summary to make sure it was ordered correctly.

·
Registered
2013 Escalade ESV, 2014 ATS, 2015 ATS, 2016 Escalade
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
95%. The 2000 range of numbers is where you can change it. That really sucks he ordered it wrong. They should have provided you with an order summary to make sure it was ordered correctly.
He didn't give me a summary. Can they cancel it and reorder it?

·
Registered
2015 ESCALADE ESV 2015 CTS 2018 XT5. 2018 CT6
418 Posts
3000 is the order is accepted by production control so I don't think they can even cancel at this point. Of course they can reorder if they have more allocations from GM.

·
Registered
None
406 Posts
I wanted a 4WD Plat, but the dealer ordered a 2WD, he tried to change it but it was at 3000 and he said that he can't change it until it goes to a different event code. Is that true and can I be changed after 3000 or is it too late?
When I placed my order, I told my sales guy that it's very important that he order the bench seats instead of the captain seats. He did a print out of the order summary and gave it to me to verify...and I saw that he put in captain chairs, which he corrected. Now, that I read your post, I'm going to find my order summary and review it again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
FirstEsv said:
When I placed my order, I told my sales guy that it's very important that he order the bench seats instead of the captain seats. He did a print out of the order summary and gave it to me to verify...and I saw that he put in captain chairs, which he corrected. Now, that I read your post, I'm going to find my order summary and review it again.
Dont worry if you don't take it someone will! Order again. I have the Platinum 4 wheel drive. It's awesome. It switches when roads are icy. I have the snow mode going to try it out in the morning! We live in N Georgia! I would wait considering the cost!

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
It's not impossible to get the order changed at the 3000 event status, however it is very difficult to get it changed if you don't know the right people at GM production control. Most dealers wouldn't know how to get in touch with the right people at GM production control in order to get the order kicked back to them, so they could make any changes and then the order resubmitted. Most dealers wouldn't put in that much effort into even attempting to get the order changed.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,744 Posts
Unless you paid it in full you're not obligated to get it. You might not be able to order from the same dealer however. I got my platinum when the guy who apparently ordered it did not show up or stopped contacting the dealer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts