Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And now for something completely different. Anybody remember in 2003 when GM sued the Avanti Corporation for allegedly ripping off the design of the H2 with their planned Studebaker XUV? Well, Avanti has redesigned their Stude for 2006 production, and here's what it looks like (and it still has the Ford V10):

http://www.theavanti.com/XUV.html

And the XUT (maybe Honda will sue them over the Ridgeline):

http://www.theavanti.com/XUT.html

Not the most beautiful trucks in the world, but you'll never have to worry about pulling up next to another one at the stoplight. Nice to see a great name like Studebaker back again. Now we need Packard to return.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,029 Posts
AHHH, Cadillac killed them along time ago. its time to let sleeping dogs lie <-- is that right? i dont much care for it really. now maybe if they came back out with a nice luxury car it would be alright. but they need to know that Cadillac is still king!

Ralph said:
And now for something completely different. Anybody remember in 2003 when GM sued the Avanti Corporation for allegedly ripping off the design of the H2 with their planned Studebaker XUV? Well, Avanti has redesigned their Stude for 2006 production, and here's what it looks like (and it still has the Ford V10):

http://www.theavanti.com/XUV.html

And the XUT (maybe Honda will sue them over the Ridgeline):

http://www.theavanti.com/XUT.html

Not the most beautiful trucks in the world, but you'll never have to worry about pulling up next to another one at the stoplight. Nice to see a great name like Studebaker back again. Now we need Packard to return.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
93fleetwoodlowlow said:
AHHH, Cadillac killed them along time ago. its time to let sleeping dogs lie <-- is that right? i dont much care for it really. now maybe if they came back out with a nice luxury car it would be alright. but they need to know that Cadillac is still king!
I wasn't aware that Cadillac killed Studebaker. Maybe Packard though (which merged with Stude in the 1950s). Studebakers were always mid-range cars, not a luxury brand. However this new XUV looks like it competes with the Escalade directly (but its production numbers will probably be pretty low).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,029 Posts
Ralph said:
I wasn't aware that Cadillac killed Studebaker. Maybe Packard though (which merged with Stude in the 1950s). Studebakers were always mid-range cars, not a luxury brand. However this new XUV looks like it competes with the Escalade directly (but its production numbers will probably be pretty low).
maybe i was thinking of Packard, they used to compete with Cadillac didnt they? them and Lincoln? i dont remember though.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
93fleetwoodlowlow said:
maybe i was thinking of Packard, they used to compete with Cadillac didnt they? them and Lincoln? i dont remember though.
They certainly did. Especially in the 1920s and 1930s when Packards were considered by many to be a step above Caddy ... until Caddy built a V16.

(I loved your siggy before with the classic roadster. You should have a different classic every week.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,029 Posts
Ralph said:
They certainly did. Especially in the 1920s and 1930s when Packards were considered by many to be a step above Caddy ... until Caddy built a V16.

(I loved your siggy before with the classic roadster. You should have a different classic every week.)
ok so that is who i was thinking of. cool, i didnt know that though (about the V 16). HEY CADILLAC, LET'S PULL THAT STUNT AGAIN AND STEP UP ABOVE... WELL EVERYONE!!!!!!!! we can always learn from the past.

i really liked that Fleetwood roadster. i cant find to many pics of them. yeah i liked it too but i like Jesus more!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
93fleetwoodlowlow said:
ok so that is who i was thinking of. cool, i didnt know that though (about the V 16). HEY CADILLAC, LET'S PULL THAT STUNT AGAIN AND STEP UP ABOVE... WELL EVERYONE!!!!!!!! we can always learn from the past.

i really liked that Fleetwood roadster. i cant find to many pics of them. yeah i liked it too but i like Jesus more!
Yeah, they definitely should build another V16 to put it back at the top of the world's luxury cars. (And I know for a fact that Jesus drove a Cadillac V16 for years and years. Briefly he tried out Duesenberg, but their dealer network was too spotty in Roman times). ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,029 Posts
Ralph said:
Yeah, they definitely should build another V16 to put it back at the top of the world's luxury cars. (And I know for a fact that Jesus drove a Cadillac V16 for years and years. Briefly he tried out Duesenberg, but their dealer network was too spotty in Roman times). ;)
well Jesus is the King of kings so would he not drive the King of cars? yes, Jesus would drive a Cadillac. in other news, Jesus al Salvador from the barrio is also driving a Cadillac... a beat up 88 Brougham that dont got no paint but one killer hydrualic set up. <-- that was a joke, not intended to offend anyone.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
93fleetwoodlowlow said:
well Jesus is the King of kings so would he not drive the King of cars? yes, Jesus would drive a Cadillac. in other news, Jesus al Salvador from the barrio is also driving a Cadillac... a beat up 88 Brougham that dont got no paint but one killer hydrualic set up. <-- that was a joke, not intended to offend anyone.
:histeric:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,971 Posts
Well 93 I think you win the longest-signature award. And that's not Jesus either, just some actor... you should put up like an artistic drawing or something.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,029 Posts
davesdeville said:
Well 93 I think you win the longest-signature award. And that's not Jesus either, just some actor... you should put up like an artistic drawing or something.
well thanks! i know who it is, ive seen drawings and all but i like the pictures. it represents, im not even sure Jesus really even looked like that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,622 Posts
anyone know if they still build them in South Bend IN?? Thats my home town, where i was born. I still remember going to the Studebaker museum on a school field trip, that was cool!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sandy said:
They are now in Villa-Rica, Georgia
http://www.avantimotors.com
(Site was down for upgrade to 2006, last I looked.)
There are only 6 dealers in America
Hampton, W. Virginia
South South New Jersey Berlin, N.J.)
Langhorne, Pa.
Las Vegas, NV.
Maimi, Florida
Chicago, Ill.
Sandy, for some strange reason your link won't load for me. How much is the one you would want?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,929 Posts
Window Sticker is $ 62,200, but I know of people who have bought one, brand new, WITH the $62,200 sticker & actually paid $ 42,000. Actually 2 different people, one at $42,000 and the other at $ 43,450.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,029 Posts
Sandy said:
Window Sticker is $ 62,200, but I know of people who have bought one, brand new, WITH the $62,200 sticker & actually paid $ 42,000. Actually 2 different people, one at $42,000 and the other at $ 43,450.
i was wondering what it was that doctor was driving! there is an ER doctor that has one of them. i didnt know what it was. hmmm, well now i know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,415 Posts
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Top