Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2013 SRX
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just filled up and reset the gauge, then snapped this at the end of a 30-mile morning commute from Playa Vista to Rosemead, CA, via the 405, 10 and 60 freeways, through downtown L.A. I'm sure you could beat it on the long downhill from Mountain Pass on the way to Las Vegas.

Attachments

·
Registered
2011 Saab 9-4X Premium XWD
350 Posts
My wife's 3.0 XWD absolutely would not ever get that. The best it's ever done was 25 MPG on one tank pooping around national parks in UT at 30-50 MPH.

Around town, short trips, it's never better than 15 MPG.

On the highway at 70-80 MPH, it's 20-21 MPG.

jack vines

·
Registered
2010 SRX Premium AWD Gold Mist, 2012 SRX Luxury Gold Mist
44 Posts
Only 30 miles is not much of a gauge to measure MPG. I doubt that would hold for an entire tank of gas. Best I got on my 2012 is 18.9mpg. Best on my 2010 AWD is 16.7mpg. If I tried harder, I am sure I could do much better, but this is normal commuting round trips and I am not trying to bring in the higher numbers.

·
Registered
2014 ATS Performance 2013 SRX Premium
1,045 Posts
Just went over 30,00 miles on our 2013 SRX Premium, haven't reset the AVG MPG and it shows 22.5 mpg. My wife has been driving it the last 4 months since I got my ATS and the average dropped .1, I flirted with 22.7 mpg, but couldn't sustain it. In contrast my much lighter weight 2014 ATS with the 3.6L engine is averaging 25.7 mpg for the first 4,000 miles. Gotta say I'm happy with both cars performance, would love to get 26.1 mpg.

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
Going downhill on Glendale Fwy resetting the avg mpg from Foothill Blvd, I wonder what the gauge would read.

Downhill has its downside though, you need to go back up when you're done. :)

·
Registered
2013 SRX FWD Performance - Xenon Blue / Shale-Brownstone
296 Posts
Don't most of these on-board MPG "computers" measure fuel consumption by taking the injector flow rating (in some volume / time units), multiply by the pulse width that the PCM triggers them for each cycle, then multiply by the number of injector cycles? If so, I'd have to question the accuracy of this method, as accumulated rounding error can be significant. In other words, how many significant digits of the injector flow rating is accurate, and how is dirt buildup in the injector nozzles accounted for? While this method may be relatively accurate for short-term "instantaneous" MPG measurements, over 100s of miles and 100s of thousands of injector cycles, a small error in the estimation of the injector flow rate could result in a large error in average MPG.

I calculate MPG independently each time I fill up, and it is almost always lower (multiple MPGs) than what the dashboard claims is my average MPG. Not sure I'd trust what the car is telling me WRT its actual fuel economy.

·
Registered
2011 SRX (Mocha Steel); 2008 SRX (Gold Mist)
141 Posts
I have consistently gotten 18.2 mpg overall and when I reset the trip monitor. Never seems to change. Don't take long trips in it anymore since we got the newer vehicle. So pretty much just around town.

·
Registered
2012 SRX Luxury FWD
23 Posts
Just completed a 250 road trip - mostly highway (70 MPH) with a little city driving. Avg on the trip computer shows 25.3 MPG. I'm happy with that.

·
Registered
2012 CTS and 2013 SRX
6 Posts
On long trips we get 26mpg with our 2013 SRX, but if you drive over 70mph the mileage or in the TN Mountains it seems to drop.

·
Registered
2013 SRX Premium w/ Navigation
161 Posts
For those of you citing higher mileage, are you using E10 (contains at least 10% ethanol), or are you filling up in areas that sell 100% gasoline?

And for those of you citing lower mileage, is there any chance you're using E15?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2014 SRX Performance, 2013 CTS-V
501 Posts
We are taking our 2014 SRX performance on a 3,500 mile round trip around Memorial day. We will be driving from SW Florida to Kansas and Missouri. The a/c will always be on and except for areas where we get bogged down the speed will be right at 80 mph. Which is the normal flow of traffic speed in the states we will be in. It will be interesting finding out the overall mpg for the trip. My other car is a 2013 CTS-V, 6 speed manual, that takes premium gas and is rated at 19 mph highway. The SRX should get the better gas mileage plus the savings in using regular gas. The main reason we are taking the SRX is I didn't want to leave the CTS-V in motel parking lots.

·
Registered
501 Posts
We lived in Wichita,KS before moving to SW Florida. My wife's relatives are in Hillsboro,KS, about 60 miles north of Wichita. One of her sister's has a home at Lake of the Ozarks, in Camdenton,MO., so we will visit those places. The scary part of the trip is the weather, at that time of year. They have a lot of bad storms including tornadoes in that part of the country.

·
Registered
1994 & 1995 Sedan DeVilles
2 Posts
Ironically, my 1995 Sedan DeVille gets 23 hwy and 18 City. So much for downsizing! Give me back a real full size Cadillac. See what Lincoln has planned in the new Motor Trend. Looks beautiful.

·
Registered
2015 CTS
596 Posts
We lived in Wichita,KS before moving to SW Florida. My wife's relatives are in Hillsboro,KS, about 60 miles north of Wichita. One of her sister's has a home at Lake of the Ozarks, in Camdenton,MO., so we will visit those places. The scary part of the trip is the weather, at that time of year. They have a lot of bad storms including tornadoes in that part of the country.
If you drive through Concordia stop by my shop and say hi.

·
Registered
501 Posts
If you drive through Concordia stop by my shop and say hi.
We shouldn't be traveling north of Hillsboro,KS. It looks like you are about 100 miles north of Hillsboro. I was going to travel on to Redwing MN. for a Navy reunion, but there was too much time to kill between the KS/MO visit, where the wife has a high school reunion and the dates of the Redwing reunion.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts