Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to add turbo or supercharger to 2004 CTS? Would I wear down the engine. Will turbo or supercharger shorten life span?

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
Are you really sure the 2.8 in the BLS/Saab is the same as in the CTS???

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
you can run turbo or super to any car. With minor boost it shouldn't shorten the lifespan of the engine but heat generated by forced induction system might shorten the lifespan of other things.

Right now you can go to any performance shop and ask for a custom turbo setup. It will require a standalone fuel management but it is possible.

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
Anything is 'possible'. Go to 'LundCadillac.com' to see how they got over 1000 hp from the stock block 3.2L CTS and did well over 200 mph!

I don't think adding a turbo system to a non-turbo car is in the relm of a back yard mechanic. Several companies have offered turbo and supercharger solutions for the CTS, but I know of none in the US currently offering 'bolt-on' kits. Keeping the price down with low volume production is the main issue.

If you have really deep pockets, I'm sure someone can develop one for you. But with the CTS-V only running about $12K more than an equivalently equiped CTS Lux Sport, and having 400 HP to boot, I'd say half of that is the upper limit to what anyone would pay for forced induction on the V6. Lund and RMS couldn't sell enough of their superchargers to keep it profitable and discontinued their products. They were both priced in the $6K range.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
odysseus said:
Anything is 'possible'. Go to 'LundCadillac.com' to see how they got over 1000 hp from the stock block 3.2L CTS and did well over 200 mph!

I don't think adding a turbo system to a non-turbo car is in the relm of a back yard mechanic. Several companies have offered turbo and supercharger solutions for the CTS, but I know of none in the US currently offering 'bolt-on' kits. Keeping the price down with low volume production is the main issue.

If you have really deep pockets, I'm sure someone can develop one for you. But with the CTS-V only running about $12K more than an equivalently equiped CTS Lux Sport, and having 400 HP to boot, I'd say half of that is the upper limit to what anyone would pay for forced induction on the V6. Lund and RMS couldn't sell enough of their superchargers to keep it profitable and discontinued their products. They were both priced in the $6K range.
Ody,
The Lund CTS Bonneville car is said to have a lot more speed in it. That 200mph blitz was babing it according to the Lund crew.:eek:

·
Registered
The Mighty Kael, 2004 Black CTS, Every Option
2,432 Posts
joeyblaze. you can add a little boost and basically make the car think its running at bellow sea level (more pressure) but too much and our ECM goes haywire.

the aussie one that graeme is making is about 8500 and has never been fitted into a cts. for 8500 i can get a ls2 out of a wreck and swap it in.

the BLS/ Saab 9-3 aero is NOT a direct bolt on for the CTS. robert, you know we are still doing research on this. they do have the same 2.8L engine but it appears the intake is different from ours.
more information will follow as we come across it.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Kael said:
joeyblaze. you can add a little boost and basically make the car think its running at bellow sea level (more pressure) but too much and our ECM goes haywire.

the aussie one that graeme is making is about 8500 and has never been fitted into a cts. for 8500 i can get a ls2 out of a wreck and swap it in.

the BLS/ Saab 9-3 aero is NOT a direct bolt on for the CTS. robert, you know we are still doing research on this. they do have the same 2.8L engine but it appears the intake is different from ours.
more information will follow as we come across it.
Yep, Kael's our Turbo man. When Pete recovers at CMS he plans to look into a Turbo. He seems to think it would be easier than a SC. I tend to agree with Ody in that it can be done but it would be very difficult and costly.

·
Registered
05 Redline CTS
1,007 Posts
wow, god bless to good luck to pete...

the price tag of 8500 from the ausies was in there money, i think us it comes to about 3/4 of, and i think it was much lower then 8500 i think there is another thread running saying about 4-6 grand US not to bad...

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,957 Posts
That's to bad about Pete. I'm fighting an auto immune problem myself and the treatment (steroids) is as bad as the disease plus the tapering off of the meds can take several years after the thing subsides. He's too young for this kind of crap.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
dkozloski said:
That's to bad about Pete. I'm fighting an auto immune problem myself and the treatment (steroids) is as bad as the disease plus the tapering off of the meds can take several years after the thing subsides. He's too young for this kind of crap.
This will make you feel better Koz. Steroids have made Pete worse!!:eek:
I find it amazing that our own F**king body attacks itself. I have a $4000 a month infusion for severe arthritis. It's an auto immune problem also. God we're being to sound like old fogies at the nursing home talking about our ailments!

Pete's a very strong and determined man. Hopefully he'll weather the storm.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts