Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I visited my local Cadillac dealer to place an order for a new 2008 CTS. Today they called me and said they could not order with the options I wanted.

They said there was no way to have the following together:

-Performance Package (Seats + All Season Tire/suspension)
-Luxury Level 1
-Luxury Level 2

Any ideas? Is there something I can tell them to try in there system to make this happen...

Basically I'm looking to have everything in the premium luxury collection + all season performance, but I don't want the sunroof or wood trim. Any other way I can ask them to order this for me?

Or are there any guarantees from Cadillac that they will resolve the heat/light issues with the current sunroof design?

Thanks,
Ian

·
Registered
2019 XT5
337 Posts
I visited my local Cadillac dealer to place an order for a new 2008 CTS. Today they called me and said they could not order with the options I wanted.

They said there was no way to have the following together:

-Performance Package (Seats + All Season Tire/suspension)
-Luxury Level 1
-Luxury Level 2

Any ideas? Is there something I can tell them to try in there system to make this happen...

Basically I'm looking to have everything in the premium luxury collection + all season performance, but I don't want the sunroof or wood trim. Any other way I can ask them to order this for me?

Or are there any guarantees from Cadillac that they will resolve the heat/light issues with the current sunroof design?

Thanks,
Ian
Maybe they have made some changes at Cadillac's build your own web site. Today I was able to build a CTS as described above. You have to select MERCHANDISED TRANS and LUXURY LEVEL ONE PACKAGE to get LUXURY LEVEL TWO PACKAGE. I hope this is for real as this is how I will order mine. See attached pdf. View attachment Build Your Own 2008 CTS.pdf

·
Registered
131 Posts
No you cannot get that. Not sure why but they have changed order guidelines. You can not get PDR- performance collection with Y41- Lux pkg II.
To get the same items you have to order PDQ- Premium lux pkg and then get the 18" wheels. Tried to order one for a customer saturday and that is what the computer said.

·
Registered
2019 XT5
337 Posts
No you cannot get that. Not sure why but they have changed order guidelines. You can not get PDR- performance collection with Y41- Lux pkg II.
To get the same items you have to order PDQ- Premium lux pkg and then get the 18" wheels. Tried to order one for a customer saturday and that is what the computer said.
What about today?

·
Registered
NONE
184 Posts
Find another thread here - "Unable to order what I want", there was a long discussion of this issue.

In short: According to the ordering guide you can; no GM distribution updates ever restricted you from doing so contrary to what many people say. However the ordering software is full of bugs. You can play with it and eventually get what you want.

Dealers are probably unable to order what you want for the same reason the "build your cadillac" sometimes refuses to. If they insist, tell them to show you the up to date ordering guide as well as all distribution updates, there weren't many.

·
Registered
Cadillac
28 Posts
I think that is just system bug
Today I was able to get PDR + Luxury level I + Luxury Level II, but it is 800 bucks more than just PDR + LL2

·
Registered
2019 XT5
337 Posts
I think that is just system bug
Today I was able to get PDR + Luxury level I + Luxury Level II, but it is 800 bucks more than just PDR + LL2

There's no doubt about bugs in the build software. Is the difference because LL1= $850?

PDR = Y42 & Y44 = $3,300
LL1 = $850
LL2 = $2,025

·
Registered
NONE
184 Posts
There's no doubt about bugs in the build software. Is the difference because LL1= $850?

PDR = Y42 & Y44 = $3,300
LL1 = $850
LL2 = $2,025
These figures are correct. When you order PDR, LL1 is discounted from costing $1000 to $850.

O_Z: also note that the combo PDR+LL2 is not always available without LL1, per ordering guide. LL1+LL2+PDR2 is available for any model. PDP, PDR and PDQ are not available with each other (just one per vehicle); you still are allowed (per the ordering guide) to compile any options that belong to these packages separately, but you don't get multiple package discounts. However, when getting PDR or PDP, some options like the LL1 above, get discounts individually as well.

·
Registered
Cadillac
2 Posts
Arggghhhh... I am trying to order the DI engine with Lux Level 1 + Lux Level 2 + All season performance + sunroof + wood + upgrade to polished wheels

My dealer (who seems very capable) says it will not work. I can build it thru the "Build Your Cadillac" system with both Lux packages and all-season but then it freezes... Is this just another bug or will it really not work? I have read the order guides and it seems like they should go together just fine. Can anyone help me, help my dealer, order my car?

Thank you,

Sara

·
Registered
NONE
184 Posts
If it is the dealer who showed you the order guide and they still refuse to comply with it, you should escalate this to Cadillac directly. There's a feedback form on their site, IT WORKS. I myself am now actively communicating on this issue with the Cadillac Marketing Team. So far we've exchanged several emails and the guys have been quite prompt and helpful but the result is still inconclusive - I understand they have to choose their wording carefully to avoid misunderstanding, and order patterns are a bit complicated to boot.

If you do communicate with Cadillac, try sending them exactly the configuration that you want, which is compliant with the Order Guide and which the dealer rejects. Make sure the order guide allows it. Note that that the Luxury Level 2 (Y41) must be ordered with U2R, U2S or UAV audio systems, and in case it is U2R, Luxury Level One (Y40) must be ordered as well. Seating package (Y44) is also a requirement for Luxury Level 2, but since it is part of PDR, you don't have to include it separately.

Other than that, I see no additional requirements or restrictions on the Lux L2 in the order guide.

I'll report when I get conclusive information from Cadillac.

·
Registered
NONE
184 Posts
PS I might sound a bit harsh toward your dealer, but it is really their work to inquire GM about any inconsistencies in Cadillac's ordering policies and/or software; if they're not helping you enough in this matter there's only one way you can help yourself - by pursuading GM to contact your dealer and explain to them how to order what you want. In the end, of course, it is GM who are responsible for this little mess.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
There was a discussion about bugs in the On-Line ordering system at the regional meeting earlier this week. They're aware of the problem and working on fixing it.

As of this moment, I'm in the ordering guide and have built a car with DI engine, Seating package, Luxury One and Two, Performance collection, U2S radio and polished wheels. Seems to be working fine. MSRP is $43,215.

·
Registered
NONE
184 Posts
Sara, they (GM) eventually reshuffled some options/packages. You can now get Luxury Level 2 with PDR (all-season performance) if you get a new package - PDW. It is designed specifically to go together with PDR and includes just Luxury Levels 1 and 2. This is official. (If you want summer performance and both luxury levels, it seems the only way now is PDQ, as Luxury Level 2 is not available by itself anymore, and PDW is only compatible with PDR.)

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
Cadillac
28 Posts
You can now get Luxury Level 2 with PDR (all-season performance) if you get a new package - PDW. It is designed specifically to go together with PDR and includes just Luxury Levels 1 and 2. This is official. (If you want summer performance and both luxury levels, it seems the only way now is PDQ, as Luxury Level 2 is not available by itself anymore, and PDW is only compatible with PDR.)
So, when I will able to configure CTS with this package online?
I would like to know invoice price of it

Also, I dont understand how that combination will work?
PDR wich includes "Premium Finish Alloy Wheels, 18-In. X 8-In.
SBRP235/50VR18 BSW All-Season Tires" + Y40 (Luxury Level 1) wich includes
Machined Face Alloy Wheels, 17-In. X 8-In. ????

·
Registered
NONE
184 Posts
O_Z, I don't know. I had a lengthy discussion with Cadillac about the availability of Y41 until they simply dropped it from the list of stand-alone options. Dealers must know about PDW already.

Regarding the wheels - I guess you'll get the upgraded wheels if you order PDR and Y40 together, just make sure your dealer confirms it.

·
Registered
Cadillac
28 Posts

Thanks
I may will try this week
I need car by end of November, so I still have some time
Or lease Aura and wait 2-3 more years :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts