Thanks! I have replaced the fog light bulb on my STS so it seems pretty similar. Would you happen to know the replacement bulb part number?I think you are referring to the city light bulb. Yes, it can be replaced, but it is a real chore. Here is how it goes:
1. turn the front wheel so you have good access to the wheel well area
2. remove wheel well and attached plastic shield extending underneath and to the front of the vehicle. This involves removing about 10-14 plastic push pins.
3. you should now be able to access the light unit housing from the back
4. remove the housing backing by removing 4 or 6 bolts (you may need flashlight and or mirror)
5. twist out light socket in question and replace bulb
If this is your first time replacing bulbs in the SRX, allow a good two hours! Another method (used a lot by the dealer) is to remove the front bumper. Either way it is a pain, but doable.
...btw...the bulb type is "W5W"City light bulb is 5w5.
...yes, the domestic model got it since the exports use almost the same assembly (they are not identical, e.g. us/canada lamps require a "norm" by DOT, export must be ECE licensed) ...and in/for production it saves some costs to use or share similar or same parts...)is this a mandatory lighting requirement in Europe or some other jurisdiction and we just get it here in North America since they just use the same assembly?