Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am strongly considering the 2008 CTS, 3.6DI, loaded with a manual transmission. My dealer in Florida told me that the manual cannot be ordered as of yet, and given that they want to sell cars, I am not questioning their intent.

But I do want to verify that they are correct. I have not seen any manual models on the GM Buypower site.

As someone very unfamiliar with both the brand (Caddy) and the corporate parent (GM), I am looking for some additional guidance.

I am also have an incentive to make this happen sooner in the form of a GMAC $2,000 offer that expires at the end of September.

Any guidance to a very likely future Caddy owner would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Sorry, but it's still on constraint. "National Quantity = 0" according to my online ordering guide as of 12:19 today.

As soon as it becomes available, I'll send you a PM. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
Cadillac
338 Posts
My dealer placed an order for me on August 3rd.
-1SB (Direct Injection)
-Manual transmission
I'm not sure if it is being built yet, but a few days after I ordered, the dealer called back and said that that manual tranny would add an additional 2 weeks on the 6-8 week time frame. Not sure if I trust the 2 week quote, but I do know that the order can be placed. You should be able to use your discount if you want! :highfive:

-Bryce

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
The funny thing about out ordering system is that it will allow you to order a vehicle that isn't available due to parts constraints. You'd think that it would just put you in line until it becomes available, but no- It replaces the constrained option with another one and the car gets built. I know this because due to an ordering goof we once received 12 identical SRXs that no sane person would ever order (Platinum with Gray V8s, Nav, 3rd seat no Ultraview).

·
Registered
'07 CTS 3.6 Sport, 6-Speed
189 Posts
Hang in there an wait for what you want. There will always be some deal.

If you get the slushbox you will be forever regretting it!

·
Registered
2011 CTS Performance Coupe -3.6 DI 6 Speed Manual
482 Posts
I was under the impression from talking to the guys at the Chicago Auto Show that the Manual transmission would only be available on the old engine 255 hp not the direct injection one and only in 2 wheel drive not all wheel drive ? Does anyone know differently ?

·
Registered
Cadillac
338 Posts
Manual is available with DI if you add the summer tire performance package (Y43). You can look at the order guide if you do a google search for "2008 cts order/reference guide". The first result is a page with a link to the ordering guide (about halfway down). The guide tells you all the different packages and their contents and what they can and cannot be ordered with.

-Bryce

Attachments

·
Registered
Cadillac
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is it anyone's guess as to when the manual becomes available?

Also, related to the tranny, after reading the mainstream reviews, the manual was more or less panned in favor the auto. I currently drive a 2005 Infiniti G35 with a 6SD MT, and similar to the 08 CTS reviews, clutch engagement is less than stellar (compared to my friend's Mazdaspeed 3 and even my former VW Jetta), but regardless, I will be hateful with an automatic, even as good as the one in GM cars. Was the previous gen MT that bad?

I have followed this thread, but also, nobody seems to know when the tranny will start shipping:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-forum/19420-aisin-6-speed-general-info.html

Also, from the time it's available, how long does a car take to order and get delivered?

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I have placed orders for them for the past 3 months and none are going to built soon I have been told.. :-(

Hopefully they will build them soon so a few of you will get your cars..

That should be a blast to drive with the direct inject..

·
Registered
Cadillac
338 Posts
Superior-
Were any of the manual trans CTS's that you ordered sold? I guess I'm speculating that maybe there's a chance that they've started building the sold ones and not the vehicles that will be on the lots. I was antsy about how long it would take to get the manual, but now i'm not worried. I'm thinking that it doesn't really matter that much considering that I plan to drive the car of over a decade.

:~fridge:

·
Registered
Cadillac
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Funny, I plan to drive mine for two years (on a lease) given the great residuals and the cost of replacing Michelin PS2's.

Whatever, I just want this car with the manual already!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts