Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok heres the thing me and my friend each own 94 devilles and we checked both of them for the codes and mine that has 149k miles had these codes 94 deville 149k: IO27 IO39 IO52 AD11 TO27 94 deville 152K: PO39 PO52 PO59 TO23 can anyone please help me out and tell me what these codes mean , i would really apreciate it..

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow thanks a lot i checked them up and heres what i got , some i have an idea but some i have no idea how i can fix or what i may have to buy in order to fix it as far as like sensors and what not.. also are any of these like extremely serious for example the torque converter problem code?

mine:
Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) Codes

io27: PRND321 switch failure

io39: Loss of Road Sensing Suspension Data

io52: Keep Alive Memory Error

Air Conditioning Programer (ACP) Codes

ad11: High Side Temperature Sensor Circuit

Antilock Brake System (ABS) Codes

to27: LF Wheel Speed Sensor Continuity Fault

friend's caddy:

Powertrain Control Module (PCM) Codes (Engine/Transmission)
Engine Control Module (ECM) Codes*

po39: Torque Coverter Clutch/Viscous Converter Clutch Engagement Problem

po52: PCM Memory Reset

po59: Transmission Input speed sensor

Antilock Brake System (ABS) Codes

to27: LF Wheel Speed Sensor Continuity Fault

·
Registered
07 Black Raven CTS, 07 Gold Mist CTS
453 Posts
One of the most knowledgeable and practical men on this forum, the Ranger, usually says: " clear your codes and then see what returns- those are the important codes." Anything that says current is more important and anything that is history may not return as a DIC. A complete GM Service manual is a great investment and several on this site say that great bargains at Helm, Inc out of Michigan on your year can be obtained. I also use the search drop down above to run checks on past posts about problems. People on this forum are very helpful Cadillac owners. It is also a great idea to read the technical archival info above and left-located in the black top band......

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,781 Posts
Clearing the codes to see what returns is not a bad idea.
PRNDL switch is on top of the trans. Follow the shift cable. Does it start in gear? Might just need an adjustment.

Don't knowenough about io39: Loss of Road Sensing Suspension Data to give any advice.

io52: Keep Alive Memory Error is likely from pulling battery power.

ad11: High Side Temperature Sensor Circuit. Had that one on my '97 Deville and it never caused any problems. I suspect the sensor failed but I was not about to evacuate the system to replace the sensor since it did not seem to affect the operation. I did, however, check my system to be sure I was at proper pressures.

to27: LF Wheel Speed Sensor Continuity Fault. The wheel speed sensor is integral to the hub & bearing assembly. When the sensor fails, the ABS becomes deactivated. The fix is to R & R the hub and bearing assembly, but first check the connector at each wheel to be sure it is clean and tight. Road salt intrusion can cause problems. Then run a continuity set on the LF wheel sensor to be sure it fails.

po39: Torque Coverter Clutch/Viscous Converter Clutch Engagement Problem. Torque converter not locking up above 41 MPH. Expensive fix. Worst case scenario is that the trans has a very minor slippage (as did all auto transmissions prior to TCC/VCC) so you will turn 100-200 higher RPM at any given speed and loose maybe 1 MPG in fuel economy.

po52: PCM Memory Reset. Probably due to pulling battery power.

po59: Transmission Input speed sensor. Don't know much about this one other than it has been discribed as a $20 part, $2000 deep in the trans. Ewill3rd can probably fill in what I have missed.

As MWA said, a factory service manual will be invaluable if you are going to do the work yourself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts