Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I posted a similar question in the suspension forum, but maybe it belongs here.
I need some help locating the meaning of my trouble codes.(1996 Sedan Deville)
The 2 that keep re-occuring are...
R0022 history and
RF2560 Current.
"Service Ride Control" Message
I thought that I had the R0022 code figured out but I didn't.
Any information on these codes or direction to a reference source would be of great help.
Thank you,
Steven Martinez

Ps. I have looked on my own for a week and haven't found any useful information. Why is it that the only codes I can find are the OBDII codes and not the system specific Cadillac Codes?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, I haven't had any response to my post in either section so I will post the information that my mechanic and I were able to obtain today after searching through his reference materials for over an hour....

Code R0022 is a problem in the left rear damper solenoid circuit.
Code RF2560 Is a Remote Keyless entry Validation Fault.
Maybe this will help someone else down the road.

I have cleared the codes and that took care of the RF2560 error.
Code R0022 is now a current code instead of a history code.

I will post information on the fix once we are done.

Thanks,
Steven Martinez

Steven Martinez said:
Hi I posted a similar question in the suspension forum, but maybe it belongs here.
I need some help locating the meaning of my trouble codes.(1996 Sedan Deville)
The 2 that keep re-occuring are...
R0022 history and
RF2560 Current.
"Service Ride Control" Message
I thought that I had the R0022 code figured out but I didn't.
Any information on these codes or direction to a reference source would be of great help.
Thank you,
Steven Martinez

Ps. I have looked on my own for a week and haven't found any useful information. Why is it that the only codes I can find are the OBDII codes and not the system specific Cadillac Codes?

·
...Reloaded
1,698 Posts
Hey Steven - yesterday I looked online line for about an hour trying to search out those codes and couldn't find them. Thanks for being persistent and for letting us know the answer even though we couldn't help you. Undoubtedly, you have helped others with the same problem in the future.

Collectively, we usually know the answers. When we don't, we try and learn. Thanks and wecome to the Board.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
We should get someone with a FSM to copy down all the codes....... Then we could have all the answers right here!!!

Sorry we didnt help you, but it seems that some troublecodes the computer spits out have no meaning........!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate the effort that everyone put into helping me search for the codes. It would be nice if we had all of the codes in a list. The problem is that there are very few resources outside of a FSM from where you can obtain the codes from the BCM for a 1996 and later Caddy. Anyway, Thanks again, and I look forward to being a part of this community.
Steven Martinez

·
Registered
5 Posts
Steven,

here is the explanation for code R022: Driver Initaiation Circuit High. I found this on a search for "cadillac codes" on google. Sorry i was not able to find you other code. This appears to be a OBD I code. I beleive your car was a 1996, the last year for OBD I.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
1996 and later, all cars had OBDII. This is good in that engine and transmission codes are the same for every car. however, Cadillac has much more computers then just those two. So they made thier own codes, which can be a PITA to find at times.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
DaveSmed