Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CTS luxury package
300 Posts
The self leveling feature is one I'd like to have. I really liked it on my old '78 Brougham. Does anyone have any idea how practical it is to retrofit this option into a CTS that wasn't delivered with it?

·
Registered
2006 CTS sport model/package
1,058 Posts
It's not an air system like in the old cars. It is just a shock. So, if you get a set of FE3 shocks, you have the self leveling!

·
Registered
2006 STS V8 1SF RWD
6,479 Posts
The FE3 rear shocks that offer the self-leveling feature are called Nivomat shocks, and yes, like stated above, that's all you need!

If you do a Google search on Nivomat shocks you can find some info to get a good idea as to how they operate, it's actually a fairly simple system.

I'm back to dealing with a bladder/compressor setup for my rear self-leveling system...

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
Correct, just the rear are self leveling.

KOT
Mafia always gets the self leveling suspension, they are the reason cadillac introduced it actually. it allows them to put lots of bodies in the trunk and no one can tell its packed with that much weight.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,806 Posts
Mafia always gets the self leveling suspension, they are the reason cadillac introduced it actually. it allows them to put lots of bodies in the trunk and no one can tell its packed with that much weight.
I thought it was for the bootleggers? You know the folks who haul ass in the country side away from the police while carrying MoonShine.

KOT

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
I thought it was for the bootleggers? You know the folks who haul ass in the country side away from the police while carrying MoonShine.

KOT
i think they were the reason the soft ride suspension came out, wasnt the old moonshine explosive?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts