Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1996 STS Seville, 1990 Brougham
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have A 1994 Deville... Just Bought It... And Like Every Vehicle I Have Ever Owned I Ran Seafoam Threw The Vacuum Lines In The Process My Car Has Stalled And Now It Will Not Start It Just Begins To Crank And Just Stops... Can Anybody Help Me PLEEEEEEAAAAASSSSSEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
73,464 Posts
"It begins to crank but just stops". The odds are that you have hydrolocked a cylinder and the snake oil is preventing the engine from turning over. Remove ALL the spark plugs and roll the engine over to clear the liquid from the cylinder(s). Pray that you have not cracked a piston or bent a rod.

Never try to run any sort of aftermarket liquids or snake oils through an engine unless it goes in through the gas tank (even then, 99.9% of the time, you don't need it).

·
Registered
2011 Crown Vic LX, 2009 Chevy Malibu 2LT
5,607 Posts
You sure you did what you said? I don't condone the snake oils either, but I've never heard of anyone hydrolocking using the procedure spelled out on the bottle. They tell you to use a vacuum line so that the snake oil intake is regulated a little, as opposed to dumping it down the throttle body.

What vacuum line did you use?

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
88,155 Posts
While you have the plugs out, clean that SeaScum crap off of them before reinstalling them.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
73,464 Posts
This morning at 0800 I was in the local Western Auto having the oil, filter, and battery changed in the truck (7.5 years is enough for a battery.....) Idling around, reading can labels. Standing at a rack reading the blurb on a can of Seafoam (the cutesy bullet-shaped one). One of the mechanics walked by and quietly said "Don't".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts