Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like title says, can my 2015i Escalade short P tow an enclosed 8.5x6.5x22 car trailer? I’m picking up my C8 from the Corvette museum. Do I need a brake controller?

·
Registered
2015i Escalade ESV Premium
135 Posts
Like title says, can my 2015i Escalade short P tow an enclosed 8.5x6.5x22 car trailer? I’m picking up my C8 from the Corvette museum. Do I need a brake controller?
Who cares about the trailer. Let's hear some details about the Vette!!!

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol! Sebring Orange, silver gray stripes, yellow calipers, 3LT , GT2 seats, alcantara red/black interior, body color sides, front and rear grilles with Z51 package, front lift and high wing spoiler.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade ESV Premium
135 Posts
Lol! Sebring Orange, silver gray stripes, yellow calipers, 3LT , GT2 seats, alcantara red/black interior, body color sides, front and rear grilles with Z51 package, front lift and high wing spoiler.
VERY nice! Can't wait to see pics.

·
Registered
2016 Escalade ESV, 2017 GMC Sierra 6.2
1,646 Posts
Yes it can tow and yes you need a trailer brake controller. That trailer and car should be less then the 8000ish pound tow rating of your Escalade

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes it can tow and yes you need a trailer brake controller. That trailer and car should be less then the 8000ish pound tow rating of your Escalade
Do I need a weight distribution hitch too? I have the short version Escalade.

·
Registered
2018 Premium Lux Adriatic Blue/Kona interior
1 Posts
Very nice !!!! I'm kinda holding out for the Z06, as that's what I've always driven (and raced......I own a C6 Z06).
I recently picked up a Curt Echo Brake Controller, which is a wireless blue-tooth unit. Works great with my dual axle/brake 27ft flatbed (y) No additionally wiring or additions to the cockpit that require drilling or cutting. Plus, I can move it to any other tow rig that has an operational 7 pin trailer plug :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts