Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm guessing this wouldn't be a problem at all. Right? If not, where could I get one? Would the dealer still have them - or be able to get them in the color I need? I really prefer the armrest with the cupholders that popout... Not the biggest deal in the world - but I figure maybe someone else will ask the same question one day - and if they do a search, they'll find their answers here...

·
Registered
'93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's
4,382 Posts
This should be a simple un-bolt, replace kind of thing, providing you can find the part in the first place. I'd think the only place you could find one may be on here if someone with a '96 and the same interior color has removed theirs for a console conversion. That or find a junked one.

What's all that different with the '96 armrest? I know what the outside differences are, but what's different on the inside? Our '93s is fine, though I usually keep it shut and only open it for an occasional water bottle.

Oh, almost forgot, found a '95 Fleetwood Brougham on Ebay that's the same color as yours, plus it has the chrome Caddy wheels. Oh, and only 26k miles too! Take a look:
1995 Fleetwood Brougham

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, that IS exactly like mine. I need those rims, though.. I'm guessing the '96 armrest has one big compartment - so more room is what the advantage would be - or atleast not divided...

·
Registered
04 CTSV 500rwhp, 96 FTS-V T56 previously, 95 T56 Impala SS
433 Posts
Geez Sal, I had that armrest just lying around in my garage for the past few months... And it woulda been a perfect match for your car. :) But I re-used it on my new console. I'd keep an eye on junkyards. (Oh, and if you happen to find one with a grey interior, can you see if it has the radio surround?)

If I end up redoing my console again and not using the armrest, I'll let ya know!

·
Registered
'93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's
4,382 Posts
Sevillius said:
Just curious as to whether the similar Roadmasters had the same armrest, thereby increasing chances of finding one used.

Paul

Our '92 Roadmaster Limited has the exact same console/armrest as our '93 Fleetwood Brougham, so that's a dinstinct possibility in the later years.

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
So is the 96 arm rest like the one mine has that it's just one big area with a cup holder that folds out? From the outside I like the one like Sal's fleetwood has better. What do they look like inside? I've only seen what's in the pictures in the brochure.

·
Registered
1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
480 Posts
The later armrest looks the same as the one that is in my mother's buick lesabre. If that's the case, it's a lot smaller.

·
Registered
'96 FWB; '96 STS
207 Posts
I have the later armrest in my 95 FWB (built in Aug 96). The top door opens up from the front. The space inside, if you fold out the cupholder, is a big open cube. If you look closer, the center third of the bottom has slight ridges for holding CDs. The ridges are not that high so as to not intrude much. The space in the front third of course holds the cup holder folded in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts