Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone

My cadillac cts 2011 sedan sunroof acts a bit weird, when i open the sunroof while driving and then park the car and click the lock button on the key fob, the sunroof opens up (only to the tilt position) and then after a while it closes by itself ,but leaves the cover open to the middle, which then needs to be closed by entering the car again and closing it. Really annoying. I hope i explained my self right.

I was told that it needs to be reprogrammed by the dealership

Anyway i can do it myself ? Is there some kind of software or device / obd2 that connected to the data port and lets me do reconfigurations for the car ??

·
2011 CTS Coupe Premium
Orlando - We take orphans
2,504 Posts
That does sound strange. First I'd try to reset by disconnecting the negative batter lead for about 20 minutes and then reconnect. Will need to reset everything but may help. Mine must open the cover fully then can open the roof vent. Similarly the vent must be closed completely then can close sunshade

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That does sound strange. First I'd try to reset by disconnecting the negative batter lead for about 20 minutes and then reconnect. Will need to reset everything but may help. Mine must open the cover fully then can open the roof vent. Similarly the vent must be closed completely then can close sunshade

I did that challenge before and didn’t help, its been happening for a while

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,702 Posts
Ever experience water inside your car when it rains? Either in the footwells, trunk or have stained headliner?

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
9,034 Posts
Leaky sunroofs/clogged drain lines have been known to make our cars electronics wonky.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Leaky sunroofs/clogged drain lines have been known to make our cars electronics wonky.
Thank you mr. long
I don’t see any leaks as you might remember from my bcm problem.

The question is how do the gm dealership update and program the sunroof, they connect through some sort of tool, isn’t there any tools i can get online to do that ? It might be interesting what other things i can tune up using this

·
Registered
'12 CTS Performance Sports Wagon AWD
2,806 Posts
Did you do the drain modification to your car yet? Nothing else matters until you do that modification to make sure your drains are not an issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts