Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Has: 1997 Deville, 2008 VW GTI Stage 2+, now with K04 turbo
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has probably been discussed before, but a quick search didn't give the info I was looking for. I was hoping someone would be able to say whether it's an easy job to replace base non-heated split bench seats with ones that do have factory heat. I was considering getting aftermarket heat for my existing seats but if it's a plug n play job, then I might buy a set of factory heated Deville seats from the local used parts stores that carry them.

Do they plug in to the existing Base Deville wiring harnesses or is some significant rewiring required? If it isn't a straightforward job then I probably won't bother, but I have to say, heated seats would make my car sooo much nicer. It's the only luxury item I miss in my car (well, a heated steering wheel would be nice, too, but I don't want to get carried away, haha :thumbsup:)

Thank you for your help once again. I don't post here often, so it's nice to be back. :)

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
It won't be plug and play, there'd be wiring involved. An after market kit would be much simpler.

·
Registered
Has: 1997 Deville, 2008 VW GTI Stage 2+, now with K04 turbo
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, MoistCabbage; I suspected that would be the case. I've seen several aftermarket options. Are there any in particular that you're familiar with or that members have had good luck with?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts