Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got a eldorado and i want 22s with no rub. In oakland its a cool price but they put spacers i dont know if its worth it

·
Registered
1998 deville, 2000 sls, 2006 CTS-V, 2001 STS, 2007 STS V8
440 Posts
Im not sure if they would work. youd have to run super thin tires which would make the ride extremely rough if it did. I know a guy with 20's on a 98 eldo. so 20's work!

·
Registered
95 Posts
you can do it but might have some rub in the back and in the front on sharp turns put on 265/30/22 and now they make 245/30/22 they would fit better but are a real low pro.

·
Registered
1998 Seville STS
423 Posts
1. It will rub
2. It will look like crap
3. It will ride like crap
4. Did I say it would look like crap?

·
Registered
02 Seville, 04 SRX
1,333 Posts
speedyman_2 said:
1. It will rub
2. It will look like crap
3. It will ride like crap
4. Did I say it would look like crap?
I agree, I put 18's on my Eldo with a thicker tire so the ride didn't suffer. It no longer rides like it did with the 16's and it rubs when I turn the wheel too much.

·
Registered
2010 Black Cherry CTS AWD
263 Posts
In my opinion, if you try and do all that stuff to Caddys like the three pics from cardomain, it's not a Caddy anymore. You take away the class that they have
. Going that far is just dumb and bad taste. Let the kids in the crappy little cars throw that stuff on. Leave the Caddy as a Caddy.
-Mac

·
Registered
109 Posts
I do not think big rims look bad on STSs (98-02), but 20" is the maximum I would go. I don't think any of these cars look bad.
As a matter of fact, I wouldn't put big rims on any other Cadillac besides the STS.

·
Registered
263 Posts
detroit99sts said:
evryone has an opinion. You dont have to like it, just respect it.:cool2:
In case this was aimed towards me, just so I can set the record straight, I do respect what other people want to do with their cars, I wouldn't care if someone painted it neon green and called it their lime car... I guess if someone did that then they do a little too much
. I just figured I would add my harmless 2 cents. If I were to have a problem with something that someone says or does, you would be able to tell
. So, as of now, I have no problems with anyone. So,

·
Registered
108 Posts
KOBO said:
put those fender flares on them like the 1 ton dually pick-up trucks have !!!!!

K
Yeah - and a set of air-horns on the roof markland lights all over the place would look tasty as well -

What would really be interesting would be a serious lift kit, some interco swampers (about 44 inches high mounted on 17" rims with beadlocks, naturally) and a nice winch hanging off the bumper - we in red-neck heaven yet?

Seriously - if you're going to put on 22" rims I HOPE you add the nice flatulant mufflers most of the honda-kids seem to run, maybe a tiger-skin interior, some lighted windshield fluid sprayers on the hood and a body kit that just doesn't quite fit ...

funny - two cents worth just doesn't buy much anymore!

Steve

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm glad you agree with me Steve about the crappy little Hondas that kids try to look cool. It's ridiculous what they do to some of their cars.
-Mac

·
Registered
2013 3.6L ATS
75 Posts
word. I got the mustard and mayonaise vogues tires on 18" vogue rims and they are way pimp. I catch 20" riders checkin my rims out. Vogue are performance tires and they probably wouldnt even put them on those knock off brand 22"ers that most people can afford.

·
Registered
'93 STS (sold), now looking for a CTS Wagon soon!!
503 Posts
I have tire rub marks on my STS, and the rims are 18" with wide / low profile bridgstones. I can't see 22"ers working, or just looking like wagon wheels, anyway.

·
Registered
108 Posts
MACTICULOUS said:
I'm glad you agree with me Steve about the crappy little Hondas that kids try to look cool. It's ridiculous what they do to some of their cars.
-Mac
I just like to show 'em my Seville's taillights ...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts