Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac Deville
6 Posts
I realise it's a while since you posted this appeal for help in finding those rear shades, but I'm just curious - did you ever find them anywhere? (I'd really like them for my 2001 Deville too.)

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
The window shades were a DHS only option. If you want that car I'll sell you my DTS. No shades but the same car otherwise. Except for I have all the cool options.

And that's definitely a DHS because I can see the power lumbar controls for the rear seat, also an DHS only option.

·
Registered
Cadillac Deville
6 Posts
Thanks Codewize, but I'm in the market for the shades only! If anyone knows where they can be sourced (other than from an expensive dealership, that is) then please let me know. Thank you.

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
I don't think you understand. The shades are electric and are built into the doors. It's not that easy.

If you're still looking to buy them go to gmotors.com but I'm sure it entails a lot more than just the shade.

Thanks Codewize, but I'm in the market for the shades only! If anyone knows where they can be sourced (other than from an expensive dealership, that is) then please let me know. Thank you.

·
Registered
2001 Deville DHS
20 Posts
The picture is of rear door shades, not the back window shade. On my 01 DHS, the rear door shades are not electric like the rear window shade. You roll the window down, hook the shade tab on the window and raise the window which pulls the shade up. The whole mechanism (shade housing/retractor) seems to sit on the door as opposed to in the door. Not sure how it is attached.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The shades in the rear doors are not electric. Therefore for the shades in the doors you would probably need the entire door panel assemblies. The electric shade in the rear window is wired through the cars electrical system with the switch in the overhead drivers console. Therefore adding the rear window shade would probably be an expensive addition.

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Oh I thought the side shades were electric too. Sorry, my bad.

That does look like its inside the door though.

·
Registered
Cadillac Deville
6 Posts
I have to say I agree with MG Ron in that the shade appears to me to sit on top of the rear door rather than inside it. As such, if they are available somewhere, I reckon they should be relatively straightforward to fit. Compare the above shot with this photo of the rear door of my own Deville:

·
Registered
Cadillac Deville
6 Posts
I have to say I agree with MG Ron in that the shade appears to me to sit on top of the rear door rather than inside it. As such, if they're available somewhere, they should be relatively straightforward to fit. Check out this photo of the rear door of my own Deville:

1U238611-14sm.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Hmmm I think you're right. Wow they did a great job of integrating that. At first glance you would never know it was a separate unit but now that I look, it is sitting on top. I'll be dipped. Sorry guys. My sincere apologies.

Ok well in that case, call Brasington Motors in FL (gmotors.com) and get a price. Tell them you don't live in FL so you're looking for the web price.

·
Registered
1997 Deville Concours
188 Posts
The shades are available from time to time on Ebay. That is where I bought mine. I think I paid around $100.00 for the two door shades and the rear electric shade. The shades sit on top of the rear door panel and attatch to the back side of the panel. Not hard to do. I put a set on my "97, and with a small amount of modification they really look nice even if the shape of the window is a bit different from the shade. I then re-sold the rear shade on ebay.

DAVE
'97 Concours

·
Registered
Cadillac Deville
6 Posts
Thanks for that info. Just 100 bucks for all 3 shades sounds like a sweet deal to me! I'll definitely keep an eye out for them on eBay, but if anyone spots them on there - or anywhere else - please don't forget to let me know!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts