Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350
7,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering i know that in 2000 Onstar was a option is it something that i could add to the car if i where to go to a Bone yard what are all the parts i would need to find at the junk yard or find on ebay or somthing
and is this possible to add it to a car that did not have it ?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,520 Posts
Somewhere in CF, a couple of months ago, there's a thread by someone who managed to cobble a later OnStar digital phone into a pre-2002 car (supposed to be not "upgradeable"). Not easy, and took a bit of wiring and module replacement. Apparently the install worked, but not all features worked, either.

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
Also somewhere on here, someone posted a Bluetooth module that turns the dead OnStar into a hands free phone interface.

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the reason i wanted to add Onstart to my car was becosue there is this one place that i go to visit a friend every few weeks and there is only one cell phone that works out that way and not even 50 percent of the time does it work and those are verizon phones i dont like thems o i wont buy them
i have ATT and same phone number since i was 17 years old so going on 12 years and love them
i was up that way a few weeks ago with a rental car that had onstar in it and i was able to purchas prepaid minutes from onstar and it worked up there so that is why i wanted to add it
becouse there is no cell reception within 30 miles of any direction

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
OnStar uses Verizon.

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i wouuld rather pay onstar then going to buy a contract from verizon and the onstart works better then the verizon cell phones i think for some reason better signle i think

1 - 10 of 10 Posts