Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CTS 3.6 Luxury
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the proud owner of a 2014 CTS Luxury 3.6. Love the car, but thought I had nav when I bought it. Come to find out it was OnStar nav which sucks since getting used to my ATS nav. I researched here and was happy to find out that I can get the dealership to install it (at a price of course). Called my dealership and they told me it was not possible and I would have to get a new car. Not even the CUE in my car can be upgraded. Am I being lied to, or are they ignorant of how this can be done? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
None
34 Posts
Mbarrad,

Even a base CTS with the seating package can be upgraded with Nav. Here is what the spec on the cadillac web site says:

"(Upgradeable to (IO6) CUE and navigation when (Y44) Seating Package is ordered.)"

So if a base with the seating package can be upgraded with Nav, I would assume a lux could be. You might want to bring that up with the dealer. If you don't get a straight answer, go to another dealer.

or you could just buy a nice GPS, at less than half the Cadillac price. Garmin has one with voice commands that is highly rated.

·
Registered
2014 CTS 3.6 LUX AWD; 2011 SRX AWD LUX (sold)
84 Posts
Hey Mbarrad, would you believe I just had it done! I have the same vehicle, 2014 Luxury 3.6 AWD and the CUE can be upgraded! Those that told you otherwise are either lying or ignorant. The location is in Ramsey NJ, Model Electronics. This is an original GM Delphi Electronics facility, probably the best site on the east coast. They can reprogram (add necessary modules and software) to result in a full OEM factory navigation system. It is not cheap, but well worth it in my opinion. I had my dealer arrange the whole deal. You will have to get your car to NJ so hopefully it's not too far for you. Not sure if they will deal with you privately but you can give it a shot. Good luck!

·
Registered
'14 CTS 2.0 Luxury AWD, 2017 XT5 AWD
1,415 Posts
I had the upgraded NAV put in my SRX. I freaked when I discovered I didn't have a real NAV in the car when I got home. The dealership installed a real NAV at no charge to me when I complained. It works perfectly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts