Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To make a long story short, I had an accident awhile ago and unfortunately gave the car to a shop I thought could fix it. I have a 2005 DeVille, base model with a Lincoln package on the back. I mashed the driver's and passenger doors but they could have been fixed properly (if the guy who was supposed to do it followed the insurance company's instructions). He didn't, and to top it off actually had an accident of some kind or used some of my parts for someone else, etc. Basically stole my money and disappeared (along with several other people's). He substituted this brake light for the original one that is red - this one is not, but it does fit a 2000 to 2005 Deville. My husband and I both have one - his is 2004 and mine is 2005. If anyone can positively identify it OR can use it please contact me through this forum. I would like to sell it, can't use it, it does work. brake 1.jpg brake 2.jpg brake 3.jpg brake 4.jpg brake 5.jpg

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,090 Posts
this taillight has the correct stickers of an original - OEM - right taillight -

not too sure what you're looking for - and have no idea what a "Lincoln package" is -

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi and yes, it is one of those "useless" fake spare tire kits. It came with the car when I bought it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this taillight has the correct stickers of an original - OEM - right taillight -

not too sure what you're looking for - and have no idea what a "Lincoln package" is -
You actually answered most of my question. The main reason I posted was has anyone ever seen one inb that color before? I am posting to another site to sell and just wanted to be sure it was "legal". Cadillac dealership here in Las Vegas had never seen one before (actually he was too busy I think to even look at it....,). Thanks for your reply!

·
Registered
91 Fltwd Coupe (93 Regal Coupe & 90 LSC SE)
426 Posts
I think it must be an aftermarket assembly so these cars can be legally registered in Europe where most countries require an amber signal. But is it a totally amber brake light assembly? If so, maybe not. Or maybe they use this with a red bulb for braking and a white one for signalling.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts