Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been trying to do some research on whether there’s lift kits to buy therefore I can install it myself or would it have to be a specialized lift kit at a local 4 wheel speciality garage? Thoughts?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Never saw an existing Lift Kit for the XT5 advertised out there, but I wonder if one exists, if it comes with Longhorns for the grill?

·
Registered
18 XT5 / 18 CTS 3.6 AWD
603 Posts
Mrmarcher's comment is funny, gotta admit. Realistically, the XT5 is not even close to an off-road vehicle. Why lift it? I'm sure some wonky tuner shop would be happy to jazz up the XT5 with a lift kit, maybe some overhead light bars, winch too perhaps. But you'd be better off passing on this idea and buy a Jeep for that purpose instead.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol it was but no that’s not the only intention. In my opinion it would look nice. Why not?

Mrmarcher's comment is funny, gotta admit. Realistically, the XT5 is not even close to an off-road vehicle. Why lift it? I'm sure some wonky tuner shop would be happy to jazz up the XT5 with a lift kit, maybe some overhead light bars, winch too perhaps. But you'd be better off passing on this idea and buy a Jeep for that purpose instead.

·
Registered
18 XT5 / 18 CTS 3.6 AWD
603 Posts
My best guess is the chubby short SUV will likely lose a ton of control cornering with a 4" lift. Probably create a good lean on it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Yeah so I can hang your ole lady’s panties and bra’s on them
Sure, I'll send them right down - However, when you try them on first, don't be sharing pics here!

Seriously, not only would you need upgraded custom sway bars, but think about the stock tires and wheels that will look silly with a 3" lift. Larger tires, greater unsprung weight, taller mathematical gearing, etc, etc. We are not talking about simple coils spacers here on a truck that already has the added capacity to handle a small lift.

No doubt someone out there would be willing to custom build a lift for you, by the time you cover all of the added items that will have to be upgraded as well, and costs, what will you do if things do not workout as planned and the result is a poor handling and underpowered beast? You will be out a ton of money and stuck with a vehicle that the resale has been slashed. Frankly even if you could find a kit, I'd be sure to demo an existing XT5 with the kit before I'd open my wallet. Good luck.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Let's stop and think what any of GMs CUV/SUVs are mainly purchased for, grocery getters, kid haulers, daily drivers, upscale vehicles, throw in towing for some of the larger SUVs. Off roading or the appearance of being an Off Roader is just not what they're meant to be. my 2 cents.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Let's stop and think what any of GMs CUV/SUVs are mainly purchased for, grocery getters, kid haulers, daily drivers, upscale vehicles, throw in towing for some of the larger SUVs. Off roading or the appearance of being an Off Roader is just not what they're meant to be. my 2 cents.
LOL, Tell that to Arminius who claims his XT5 can tow like a 1/2 ton.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I’ve been trying to do some research on whether there’s lift kits to buy therefore I can install it myself or would it have to be a specialized lift kit at a local 4 wheel speciality garage? Thoughts?
I can't find an off the shelf kit or pics of a lifted XT5 anywhere. Not my thing for my vehicle but there are a lot of lifted cars I like...but a cool idea to make yours truly unique. If you do it, I'd enjoy the pics if you are up to that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts