Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took car to an autocross at Lime Rock last weekend. Had not previously "tested" the car, was pretty impressed with how good it handled. Had one of the instructors drive the car, he now wants to get one.. Yes it's heavy, yes the brakes got hot (fortunately it has the performance linings), for a 4k lb 4 door car it performed very well.. Michelins AS/3's were good even has it rained and snowed for a bit. Actually had the best time for rear wheel drive cars (2 M4's, & 2 Mustangs). A Subu STI was a the quickest by .55sec. Can't wait to do it again..

·
Registered
2015 Phantom CTS Vsport
513 Posts
Yessir! I have been autoxing my VSport regularly for the last 3 years. Currently set up with lowering springs, 2 degrees camber up front, just added an ATS-V rear sway bar, and always running Bridgestone RE71R tires (the best AutoX mod!). The car doesn’t quite keep up with the Camaros (boy they handle well!) but I run mid pack amongst a lot of Mustangs. And yes, I’m almost always the heaviest car in in the whole group.

Checkout my YouTube channel for some videos! https://www.youtube.com/user/Sykostikism

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice vid. Car looks like it handles great. Unfortunately not much can be about the weight as it is a luxury/performance sedan. Even with extra lbs Cadillac managed to keep the weight evenly distributed. Keeping up with sports cars 500+ lbs lighter is a challenge as it requires more skill then simply a lead foot. Since you have been autoxing for 3 years have you had any issues other then tires/brakes?

·
Registered
Had 2009 V, Red/Blk 2016 Now
4,186 Posts
Wow, nice. What brand lowering springs? Did the anti-sway bar just bolt in? Any change to the rear shocks?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts