Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering an ATS "Standard", which I am told does not have the fold-down rear seat. Has anyone looked into buying the parts and converting a fixed-in-place seat to one that will lowers?

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,631 Posts
I don't think you can convert the factory fake leather seats to fold down. You might be able to find matching color leather fold down seats in a junk yard and snag whatever other parts are needed.

I think you can add a pass thru like in Performance models. You can probably find a thread covering that mod with search.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

I don't think you can convert the factory fake leather seats to fold down. You might be able to find matching color leather fold down seats in a junk yard and snag whatever other parts are needed.

I think you can add a pass thru like in Performance models. You can probably find a thread covering that mod with search.

·
Registered
2015 ATS 2.0T Luxury
40 Posts
Its better to add a little more $$$ and take Luxury. Especially with current incentives you can get Luxury for Standard price.

·
Registered
Current 2014 red CTS Vsport/ Black Raven 2013 3.6 ATS4 gone
3,513 Posts
Man we were all told the standard radio is crap. Lots of things you can't do with it. Including the sound quality isn't there. Just what I have heard I don't know because I haven't tried one.
Just for the CUE and the folding seats is worth that money for me. And other features Luxury has. I don't think anyone here has done it yet. People have talked about it. The strikers aren't there in a standard so those would have to be put in some how.
The Luxury is $4K more and adds a bunch of stuff I don't want (namely CUE).

·
Registered
147 Posts
It can't be done. I explored all options. I even complained to GM Corporate. A pivot joint needs to be welded to the frame of the car, and as another poster pointed out, the leather from an upmarket model with a split seat doesn't match the synthetic leather in the standard edition.

·
Registered
2019 CTS
2,898 Posts
I have a 2015 performance, and it has the fold down rear seats, not the pass thru.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts