Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2017 XT5 Platinum, 2018 CT6 Premium Luxury, 2007 DTS Performance, PAST: 2008 CTS Performance
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,
The #2 keyfob for my CTS recently broke and I ordered a replacement.
My car has the Keyless Access System, however the seller made a mistake and sent me a #1 keyfob, even though I ordered the #2

Can this new keyfob be programed for the #2 memory position, or does the number on the keyfob have to match the memory position?

(For reference, I ordered the 25943677 #2 keyfob, but was shipped the 25943676 #1 keyfob)

Thanks

·
Registered
2016 CTS Premium 3.6 AWD
218 Posts
The number on the case is cosmetic, the fob can be programmed for the number 2 position.

·
Registered
2017 XT5 Platinum, 2018 CT6 Premium Luxury, 2007 DTS Performance, PAST: 2008 CTS Performance
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response, i'll schedule an appoint with my dealer this week to get it programmed.

·
Registered
Previous:2005 Cadillac XLR; Current:2014 Cadillac CTS Coupe
299 Posts
I haven't done it myself but there are threads on this forum on how to program the Fob yourself instead of dealer doing it for you. I believe it is also described in he Users Manual, if you don't have one you can download one or view it on the Cadillac Website Owners section. I can't see throwing away your dollars at a dealership for this. This is from 2011 CTS manual:
keyprogram1.JPG
keyprogram2.JPG

·
Registered
'10 CTS4 3.6L Wagon prem; '06 STS 3.6L base; '98 Seville STS
2,386 Posts
Can the sedan (2010 plus) be program for a wagon?

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
15,115 Posts
Vehicle type makes no difference other than the manual type of opener vs. the automatic type of opener. (Did I get that nomenclature right?)

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Vehicle type makes no difference other than the manual type of opener vs. the automatic type of opener. (Did I get that nomenclature right?)
Great since I bought the key for my sts that I sold, I was hoping to program it for the new wagon

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
15,115 Posts
Now I'm not sure it can crossover or not, but it certainly is worth a try.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Now I'm not sure it can crossover or not, but it certainly is worth a try.
The wagon fob has the tailgate symbol on it but the sedan obviously has a sedan symbol, they both have the remote start feature, I'll try it and see if it works

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
so the sedan fob works but the tailgate doesn't raise, the lights will flash but it will not raise. ill be using the sedan as fob 1, since the wagon fob is a fob 2...

·
Registered
15,115 Posts
Question...using a sedan fob on a wagon...if you hit the sedan "trunk" open, why wouldn't that just open the wagon liftgate? I don't see that there should be any functional difference other than the neat little design on the fob itself.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Question...using a sedan fob on a wagon...if you hit the sedan "trunk" open, why wouldn't that just open the wagon liftgate? I don't see that there should be any functional difference other than the neat little design on the fob itself.
I don't know, probably because the lift gate has different settings but it shouldn't matter.

·
Registered
15,115 Posts
The different settings are only done via the switch on the inside of the door. The key fob only opens/closes the liftgate. Dunno, just some thoughts.

·
Registered
2013 Black Diamond CTS4 Premium Coupe (sold-09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony)
4,372 Posts
Maybe it's the code sent to the car. Never know if they didn't use different codes for the trunk vs. rear hatch. It might be that way so a scan tool can differentiate the message to indicate a trunk vs. liftgate message when troubleshooting.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts