Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
04 Deville DHS
Discussion Starter #1
I bought 2013 CTS Coupe and I was wondering could I fit 2014 Cts twin turbo setup in mine? Does anyone know that? Mind you I dont have CtsV money but this is my fourth car so I want to play around with it. I thought of nitrous but I think the safer route would be turbocharged, but there is not much for the 3.6L platform and everything is for the V which is really annoying. Need help please

Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 馃檮
Check out the supercharger threads in this performance mods subforum.
Much easier and WAY less $$$ than your idea.

You'd surpass V money trying to attemp that swap.

Registered
04 Deville DHS
Discussion Starter #3
Check out the supercharger threads in this performance mods subforum.
Much easier and WAY less $$$ than your idea.

You'd surpass V money trying to attemp that swap.
Not trying to swap but build a turbo kit by using turbos that fit 2014 cts that a friend picked up from LKQ

Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 馃檮

Registered
2013 Black Diamond CTS4 Premium Coupe (sold-09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony)
Gary?!?!? :rofl:

Registered
04 Deville DHS
Discussion Starter #6
Not trying to swap but build a turbo kit by using turbos that fit 2014 cts that a friend picked up from LKQ
You'd likely need more than just the turbos. The LF3 received many new components to "beef up" for the increased power. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_High_Feature_engine
Yeah before you responded he actually has the engine assembly including turbos which i didn't know he also has ecm as well... if he wasnt 2 states away he would help me out but I might be making a trip or just might nix the project cause I'm just now learning more about this car and the more I read the less things you can do with it that isnt over 5000. I STILL LOVE MY COUPE THO...

Registered
08 CTS DI
The most practical and economical approach would be a custom turbo build (not a rear mount setup) which would yield a faster product than the production ATS-V, and some of the CTS-Vs depending on your boost setting, as the DIY boosted stock 3.6L at 11 psi of boost, puts down more power and torque at the wheels than the factory ATS-V does at the crank. Add a shift improvement kit and external transmission oil cooler to keep temps below 200 deg and you'd have a dependable sleeper as long as you don't beat it to death. I've reviewed a lot of what the Camaro enthusiasts have accomplished with the stock drive train and it is clear it is capable of lasting with a lot more than stock output. The widely accepted stock component power cutoff seems to be around the 500 hp mark as the first connecting rod failure was seen around 600 hp. See the link below which includes a dyno sheet.

As for the initial question, engine management is the greatest sticking point. VIN matching has turned swaps of this nature on its head. Even if the swap was possible, you'd have the monumental task of integrating the electronics.

As for fitment, since turbos appeared at the beginning of a next generation car, you would need to look for changes in the under hood construction that may have been made to accommodate them, particularly the frame rails of the car. Some poor Camaro owner embarked on this journey before taking measurements and invested quite a bit before discovering at the install point that it would not fit due to clearance issues brought on by the differences between the CTS and Camaro beneath the hood.

Someone eventually did discover that aftermarket GT28 turbos could be modified in a way that would allow them to be bolted directly to the LFX 3.6L cylinder head and installed as a twin setup. The same arrangement however, would probably not fit at least in the 2nd gen CTS, because of the strut tower design difference between the two cars.

This is one of many diy turbo Camaros;

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=377642

1 - 7 of 7 Posts