Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to change out the Camshaft Position Sensor in my 05 V. Can someone tell me how to get to it?

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Darkman, much appreciated! I will be doing the change in the co
E of days and will post how it turns out.

----------

One more question if I may. Do you recommend any other maint while I have the intake off?

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
Thanks Darkman, much appreciated! I will be doing the change in the co
E of days and will post how it turns out.

----------

One more question if I may. Do you recommend any other maint while I have the intake off?
See attached.

The trick with the intake manifold is to avoid installing a vacuum leak that can become a real pain. I would use new gaskets if at all possible - they cost about $23 at an auto parts store. As shown in the pdf, the intake manifold bolts should have threadlocker (Loctite Blue) and should be torqued in a specific pattern. If you do not a a torque wrench that does Inch-Pounds, this is a good time to buy, borrow, or rent one - the intake final torque is only 89 INCH-POUNDS (about 7 1/2 foot pounds) and you do not want to break off one of those bolts. Finally, you will need a fuel line disconnect tool for the fuel line that goes accross the top of the intake manifold - these are readily available at the auto parts store, are often plastic, and cheap. I usually keep more than one of these on hand because they are not particularly durable. Good luck.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I completed the CPS today. It wasn't too bad thanks to the instructions from Darkman, I owe you dinner! a couple of things I learned were, 1) the instructions said to slide the intake forward when removing it and the reverse when reinstalling. I removed it from the front and it was tough getting it through the wiring harnesses. When I reinstalled, I brought it in from the back and it went in much easier. If I were doing it again I would try removing it from the back. 2) the fuel line release tool was a must. At the same time, there were 3 clips on lines that the tool didn't work on. I broke one trying to figure out how to release it... Had to rig it back and will be visiting the dealership to get rapped for the price of (most likely) the entire section of fuel line, can't wait to see what that will cost... The job took about 4.5 hours but saved $450 to do it myself, plus the bonus of learning more about my car - great confidence builder.

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
12 Posts
My 2006 LS2 CTS-V was throwing the P0341 code. Read some internet posts and was worried I had to pull the damper to get to it. Turns out on this engine, it CAN be removed by just pulling the intake air tube, belt, and idler pulley. It sits on the driver side front cover just above the damper and below the water pump. One 10mm bolt and out she came. No damage to mine so Im guessing (hoping) my cam bolts are still tight. No longer in limp mode so Im thinking it worked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts