Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac Eldorado Convertible 1974
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello together. I need your help to identify a camshaft for a 500 cui Cadillac engine. I bought a used camshaft and the seller couldn’t give me detailed information’s. He drove it in an Eldorado from 1974 with carburettor.

It is no stock gm camshaft – it is a performance, or aftermarket camshaft.
The numbers I found on the end of this camshaft (not the end where the sprocket from the timing set is mounted.) is:

CMD
100 TDP HYD
60T or 60I (it is very bad to read….)

I hope you can help me, because here in Germany nobody knows anything about this camshaft. Thanks a lot for your help.

33Tom

·
Registered
'85 Fleetwood FWD
728 Posts
I'm not really sure about this, but CMD was the place in Florida where the after-market Cad 500 parts sort of got started. I believe it was called The Cad Company, and was sold to a place now called Flashcraft. I've bought parts from Flashcraft, and you could bring them up at www.Cad500parts.com They may help identify the numbers on your cam.

BILL

·
Registered
02 Eldorado ESC, true 2.5" duals, 18X10's & 275/40ZR18's, 14" rotors, C5 Vette brakes
254 Posts
CMD stands for Cadillac Motorsport Development and was the old name for the Cad Company. They should be able to identify it (Whatever their name is now). If you talk to an advisor named Chris, tell him Cody (the guy who had the Caddy 500 powered 72 fastback Mustang) recommended you. He can not only tell you what the cam is, he can recommend the best power and economy cam for your engine/car and gearing combination and can advise on exhaust diameter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts