Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I am posting about this because I'd like to see what are all the options available to me & my friend.

So this is what happened: My friend is driving his dad's car and hauling a front bumper & side skirts to the shop, and I am driving his car and following him to the shop. Comes a red light, and he was unable to stop and pass the light while the lights were still in yellow. I decided to keep going as well because I didnt want to lose me in traffic as he didnt know where the shop was. Having said that, I didnt remember that at that particular intersection there were cameras, so we are expecting a ticket to arrive in mail anyday to my friends address (because its his car) with my face (because I was driving it)

What I would like to know is:

1) What are my options? What are my friends options?
2) I would like to avoid points, if possible. Is there anyway that I am not charged with any points and neither is he?
3) Any FAQ's that describe law's sorrounding camera ticket violations in California?

Sorry for the long post! :mad:

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
2,497 Posts
i know here you don't lose points for camera tickets (can't say in cali) its always the owner of the car who has to pay regardless who's driving. i never get nailed by those, i always get nailed by the camera vans. and it seems i get nailed when i go to get out of the lane they are parked in, i jump ahead of traffic to pass the camera car(not realizing it's one) so i don't get stuck in the inside lane, then bam i'm caught going 20 over.
i bought spray for my plates, i haven't got a ticket since, but i also haven't seen a flash since. i'm not about to go testing it.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
paragsegan, i think you'll have more luck in the Lounge... post a thread w/ a link to this thread over there, or Private Message one of the Moderators & ask them to move it for you...

did you try to stop? or just blow thru the light? Did u have enough room to come to a safe stop at the light? Maybe you can argue that you were unable to stop before the light & also that you were in an unfamiliar area following the person who was leading, and that you tried to stop? and made certain the intersection was clear/safe before proceeding thru.....

or maybe that you were distracted for a moment & didnt see the light turn yellow/red & by the time u looked at the light you realized u couldnt stop in time & it would be safest to go thru the clear intersection than slamming on the brakes & the person behind you colliding with your rear.

You may be able to go to court, plead guilty & pay a nice fine (400+) to avoid points on your license....

either way, good luck

X

·
0 Posts
I moved away from the peoples republic of california. If you see the trap put your hand in front of your face. Running a red is always a bad idea even in that circumstance. Especially if you live in the peoples republic of california.

What advise can I give you? Start an uprising and over throw the local communist government you have there. A peaceful one mind you. There are way too many tickets to write to locate and keep track of baby rapers anyway. Feel good that you are doing your part to pay for the big new massive opulant court house you will be seeing very soon.

·
Registered
04 CTS SPORT/LUX W/NAVI LIGHT PLATINUM ON BLACK- COOL MODS!
1,313 Posts
Im not sure what the law is in San Francisco, but in NY a $50 fine is sent to the mailing address of the registered owner of the vehicle, regardless of who was driving the car. In my opinion, just another way to feed the welfare state.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,974 Posts
Im not sure what the law is in San Francisco, but in NY a $50 fine is sent to the mailing address of the registered owner of the vehicle, regardless of who was driving the car. In my opinion, just another way to feed the welfare state.
LOL It's a way to make scofflaws who run redlights and put us all at risk, pay for their crimes. I think it's a great idea. If you loan your car to a friend and a big ticket comes in the mail you'll think twice before loaning him your car again. He's the bad guy not the ticketing agency.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
did koz say " LOL " ?!?!?!?!? :suspect:

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Black, LOADED
2,424 Posts
I've gotten a few of these. Never points, cause they dont know whos driving. You said they have a picture of your face? Have you got one of theses before with a pic of your face? Never heard of that, thats crazy!

Just pay the bill, its hard to fight a picture of you breaking the law (or your car breaking it for that matter).

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,974 Posts
Just sprayed the escalade and CTS's license plates with Photo Stopper. Check out the picture of the 300C i did.
In some jurisdictions spraying, covering, or treating the license plate in any way to prevent seeing the numbers will get you a huge ticket. I just love it when scofflaws come on here and brag about their lack of character and integrity. The irony is that it's not illegal to sell these devices and sprays but it sure is to use them.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
Just sprayed the escalade and CTS's license plates with Photo Stopper. Check out the picture of the 300C i did.
...you can still c the plate... fyi

by the way, that 300 "C" is actually a 300 w/ some embz slapped on it :2fiddy: :lol:

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
how would they find out?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts