1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
sts
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys!

I am brand new on this forum.
I am a cabinetmaker, 45 yrs old, and came from Hungary 20 years ago.
I like to work on cars, we have a 99 STS seville and my son just bought a 98 Seville STS with a blown headgasket. We decided to take it apart and fix it ourselves. I read and learned a lot from this forum, thanks to eveyone who is sharing their experiences. We already droppd the engine, took it apart, and i changed all the cam bearings, arm bearings, compression and oil rings. Everything is going well except the timing chain setting. I just can't figure it out because i can't find any marks or points on the gear. If anyone can point me in some direction where i can find the information to set the timing chain in the whole engine i would really appreciate it.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,559 Posts
There are a couple of tutorials on head gaskets in the Tech Tips section that may explain it.

·
Registered
sts
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ranger,

I was searching on this site for 2 hours now, but i cant find anything on how to set the camchain timing.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,559 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Deville DTS
102 Posts
sorry about the bad link just go to check out my headgasket in car in this same section, and goto page 5, they explained it to me step by step.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts