Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody know how to adjust or if there is even any camber adjustment for a 67 Caddy Sedan Deville. my wheels even tilt in at the tops when the car is jacked up. it looks stupid and is wearing my tires funny. Thanks.

·
Registered
266 Posts
So the wheels look like this basicly / \ all the time? You may have to shim the upper control arm out. They should sell shims at an auto parts store. If not then any good shop that does wheel alignment should be able to help you out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. now my i can finally get the front end looking properly and my tires won't wear the edges off. thanks again.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Sorry to say it but MOST LIKELY, the problem is a sagging frame. It's VERY common on those cars. At the very least, a frame shop or front-end shop will need to install what's called a "camber-kit". It's really an off-set upper control arm pivot kit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what part of the frame sags? the A-arms are connected directly across from a cross member. is it the frame that is pushed in or is it the cross member that has collapsed?thanks.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
The cross-member that goes under the engine and anchors the the two frame rails at the control arm areas is what sags. It's been a common issue for MANY full-size RWD cars for decades. It was VERY common on early 70's Chevelle's etc. Any frame shop will be able to square you away quickly.
Matter of fact, if you bring the car to him and tell him what the problem is and he doesn't tell you something like "they all do that eventually", he's inexperienced or dishonest.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks again for the info. looks like i'll be making a trip to the to the local frame shop.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
It's really no be deal at all. This only comes into play if a "normal" alignment won't bring the wheels into spec. That's usually when they offer up the idea of the "camber kit". At that point, it's usually up to the tech as to whether they suggest the kit or the frame straightening. Either way, the point was just to let you know that it's a common issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts