Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
CTS-V
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I need honest opinions. I want to do a cam soon, and I'm wondering how hard it would be to do the install myself. I went to Lincoln tech for a few months so I'm not a complete novice when it comes to working with cars. This is my dd so I'm kinda hesitant just in case something goes wrong. Do you think the install can be done without a lift outside? How long would it take? Also how long do you think it would take with a lift?

·
Registered
04' Blown CTS-V 554rwhp 497rwtq
1,786 Posts
Hey I need honest opinions. I want to do a cam soon, and I'm wondering how hard it would be to do the install myself. I went to Lincoln tech for a few months so I'm not a complete novice when it comes to working with cars. This is my dd so I'm kinda hesitant just in case something goes wrong. Do you think the install can be done without a lift outside? How long would it take? Also how long do you think it would take with a lift?
http://ls1howto.com/index.php?article=23

This site will give you the quick and dirty on what is involved. I have never done it myself but would not hesitate if I were N/A.

·
Registered
04' Blown CTS-V 554rwhp 497rwtq
1,786 Posts
Well saving money is great but I would like to do my own work also. I want to take more pride in the work done on my car.
Working on your own car is a great thing and a terrible thing. What I mean is that its great because you will learn a great deal about everything that goes into everything. You will be able to more easily diagnose problems that may arise and you will save your self a boat load in the process. On the other hand its terrible because instead of just driving it you now are attentive to every little sound or misbehavior. Instead of driving the piss out of it you are nervous about every little new "issue" whether it is simply perceived as an "issue" or is legitimate. In the end I think the benefits of doing your own work outweigh the costs but I certainly admit there are some costs out there.

G/L OP. Rip that cam out of there! ;)

·
Registered
CTS-V
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Working on your own car is a great thing and a terrible thing. What I mean is that its great because you will learn a great deal about everything that goes into everything. You will be able to more easily diagnose problems that may arise and you will save your self a boat load in the process. On the other hand its terrible because instead of just driving it you now are attentive to every little sound or misbehavior. Instead of driving the piss out of it you are nervous about every little new "issue" whether it is simply perceived as an "issue" or is legitimate. In the end I think the benefits of doing your own work outweigh the costs but I certainly admit there are some costs out there.

G/L OP. Rip that cam out of there! ;)
lol thank you. Does anyone have any real world time estimates if a friend and I did the install.?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts