Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Deville
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EWill-Saw your post and photos on another thread relative to plenum replacement. I need to replace the plenum on my 2000 Deville. Can you give me a little advice on what is involved? What do I have to remove (TB or the large black part attached (Air or fuel distribution manifold I assume). I'm a fairly advanced shade treee mechanic just don't want to remove more than necessary.

I checked Rockauto and did not see the replaement part listed - is the plenum a dealer part only?
Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,996 Posts
EWill-Saw your post and photos on another thread relative to plenum replacement. I need to replace the plenum on my 2000 Deville. Can you give me a little advice on what is involved? What do I have to remove (TB or the large black part attached (Air or fuel distribution manifold I assume). I'm a fairly advanced shade treee mechanic just don't want to remove more than necessary.

I checked Rockauto and did not see the replaement part listed - is the plenum a dealer part only?
Thanks in advance.
That's the intake manifold.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
Dang, I thought that big black thing was the spare tire. Guess you and I should not go into business fixing cars.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
I am lurking, just not much time to post.

All you really need to do is remove the fuel rail and the intake manifold.
There are 3, 10mm bolts that hold the throttle body on, you have to remove them to release the plenum, then just remove the fuel rail... take out the intake manifold bolts and lift the manifold out.
You might have to disconnect a few other things.

Be sure to replace all 8 seals on the bottom of the intake and the plenum itself.
Torque wrenches are good if you have one.
You want a nice even clamp on the intake bolts when you are done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts