Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys & gals, I need some help here. I have the chance to buy a used engine from a 2003 for my 1998. Here's my problem: I know that there were some design changes made after '98 or '99. One of my concerns is the location of the coil pack. I called the guy that has the engine for sale and he said that he did,'t see it. Also, if ANY of you folks have suggestions, experiences, cautions ect., please reply. Thanks in advance for your help & support.

·
Registered
1999 Catera
57 Posts
Must be a CTS engine... Be careful here as you will likely need a whole bunch of electronics from that car to move the engine across to the Cat.

·
Registered
1997 Catera
172 Posts
its coil-over-plug (no coil pack) for 2000/2001. The throttle setup is servo (no cable to pedal). Don't know the other differences.

·
Registered
Cadillac
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Lakeside, you are correct. I went to a dealership yesterday they happened to have both a '98 & an '01. The mechanic I spoke with said the same thing; however, he wasn't sure if the coil pack could be transferred to the '98 because he wasn't sure how it's held in place. Any suggestions?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts