·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I got my system installed in my cadillac today. It consists of

2 concept 15'' subs
1 concept 2002 amplifier
1 PPI 2240 amplifier

I had it installed in my 1997 cadillac deville concours.

It hits hard as shit harder than when it was in my 1991 deville.

Ok so heres my ? I am running a factory deck. I have some pioneer 6x9's in the back and was hoping they played lyrics but they dont just mid bass but they pop. It gets really annoying. And my 5-1/4'' speakers in my back doors wont play. I need to get some 6x9 that play strong mid bass. Any suggestions? and for my front 5-1/4'' speakers I am probably going to go with JL's component set. The thing with the component set is it comes with a crossover does that make it louder? Should I get rid of my factory deck and go with a 2 DIN deck? help me out??

·
Registered
89 Posts
cadillac6 said:
Ok so I got my system installed in my cadillac today. It consists of

2 concept 15'' subs
1 concept 2002 amplifier
1 PPI 2240 amplifier

I had it installed in my 1997 cadillac deville concours.

It hits hard as shit harder than when it was in my 1991 deville.

Ok so heres my ? I am running a factory deck. I have some pioneer 6x9's in the back and was hoping they played lyrics but they dont just mid bass but they pop. It gets really annoying. And my 5-1/4'' speakers in my back doors wont play. I need to get some 6x9 that play strong mid bass. Any suggestions? and for my front 5-1/4'' speakers I am probably going to go with JL's component set. The thing with the component set is it comes with a crossover does that make it louder? Should I get rid of my factory deck and go with a 2 DIN deck? help me out??
Hello cadillac6; i noticed your post, if you still need help with this topic please get a hold of me i can help you. you can Email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I would recomend getting rid of the stock headunit and get an aftermarket. Then amp your speakers

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Betcha its the steering wheel controls.......won't work with aftermarket units without some serious mods. :)

So, where did you tap into the sound? (hi level to low level......at the rear deck?)

BTW, how did you route the power from the battery to the trunk? (drill new hole in the firewall? did you snake it through the door molding then under the rear seats or something? (trying to get some ideas)

Thanx

S

·
0 Posts
why would you even consider getting "mid-bass" speakers in the back when you have two 15s!? you've got all the bass and more that you could want. rather, i'd suggest working on your midrange and particularly highs for now. if you want to really have a system that can compete with the bass produced from the two 15s, start by putting four (yes, 4) 6x9s in the back deck rather than 2. you'll notice a hell of a difference

S

·
0 Posts
get pioneer 6x9s... four of them (cut two more holes)... the four of them you'll notice a difference, but if you want them to get LOUD enough to compete with the 15s, then get an aftermarket amp.

first things first, i'd say get an aftermarket head unit, that's the first thing. then get the external amp, and the four aftermarket (pioneer are good, so are memphis) 6x9s... then if you want serious quality and loudness, put some speakers in the doors

·
Registered
1996 STS
1,489 Posts
Stealth_Space said:
why would you even consider getting "mid-bass" speakers in the back when you have two 15s!? you've got all the bass and more that you could want. rather, i'd suggest working on your midrange and particularly highs for now. if you want to really have a system that can compete with the bass produced from the two 15s, start by putting four (yes, 4) 6x9s in the back deck rather than 2. you'll notice a hell of a difference
"Mid-bass" would indicate a "4-way" setup. High freq, mid freq, mid bass freq, and low freq. usually people look to midrange to get "mibass". A four way system is the way to go if you are a very serious audiophile. Most people dont need a 4-way system. If u do go to a 4-way set up you will need to mathc your components well and have a good active(electronic) crossover network.

·
Registered
34 Posts
buy a nice component set for the front and a nice 4 chan. amp use the crossovers and filters on the amp. passive crossovers cause distortion. steering wheel remotes aint going to work without some interfacing, or hardwiring. ppi is some good shit. you shouldnt have a problem making that sound good, but most coaxials (like your 6x9's) are no where as good as components because you can pinpoint your frequencies and sound depending on your preferences, and mounting scenario. peace

1 - 9 of 9 Posts